Strawberry Dump Cake has only a few ingredients and is easily layered aka “dumped” in a cake pan and baked. No stirring and no mixing bowl required!
So. Dump cake. Gotta say I’m not a fan of the name. For obvious reasons, right? (Or do I have a gross mind?!)
I remember my sister making a fruit salad for some family thing awhile back and telling everyone it was called Dump Salad (because you basically dump cans of fruit all into one bowl). I have 3 brothers and not ONE of them had anything nice to say, lol! They thought that was the worst name ever for a salad. Ha!
Anyway, here I am sharing Dump Cake with you. But I promise it’s delicious, otherwise duh. I wouldn’t share it with you. So no jokes about the name, please. 😉
And to clarify, the name Dump Cake means that you take the ingredients and dump them into a pan and bake. It’s the wonderful thing about this cake!
You only need one 9×13 inch pan. No bowls. Yay! I cut my strawberries into chunks and placed them right into the pan as I cut them. Then I drizzled the sugar (Truvia) and the cinnamon with the strawberries and tossed them together using my hands.
Pour a dry cake mix (I used sugar free yellow) over the strawberries and drizzle some melted butter and coconut oil over the whole thing. DON’T stir! Pop it into the oven and 30 minutes later – BAM! Awesome cake!
We love this topped with a scoop of ice cream or whipped cream. It really is an easy and delicious dessert and one that always does well in a pinch!
- 4 cups fresh strawberries sliced
- 1/4 cup Truvia Baking Blend or 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 15.25-oz sugar free yellow cake mix
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Pour cut strawberries in 9x13" pan. Sprinkle with Truvia (or sugar) and cinnamon. Toss with hands and spread out into an even layer.
- Pour dry cake mix evenly over strawberries.
- Melt butter and coconut oil together and pour evenly over dry cake mix.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until top of cake is golden brown and cooked through.
- Serve warm with ice cream or whipped cream and enjoy!