Start your day right with a stack of Strawberry Pancakes! Every bite is filled with strawberries! They’re a quick, easy to make breakfast the whole family will love!
Okay, so I have to admit that I was planning on sharing this Strawberry Pancakes recipe on Valentine’s Day but things got crazy around my house and I didn’t finish on time. I think yet again, I’ve taken on too much in life. I need to learn to say no a whole lot more! (I always say this and never do it, ha!)
I’ve been making it a point to add my appointments into my iPhone calendar. This way I’m more aware of what I have going on during the week and I’m more prepared. Plus those little reminders it sends out are life-saving sometimes! That being said, this week has been nuts! Between four busy kids, three schools (and way too much volunteering) and a husband who works/commutes so isn’t home much, my life is insanity.
It’s been hard to fit work in, which makes me so sad! I can’t wait for things to settle down so I can start doing more recipe creating for you! These Strawberry Pancakes were sort of a last minute idea. I was doing my weekly grocery run and saw that strawberries were on sale. Probably for Valentine’s Day. 😉 My oldest son loves strawberries so I had to buy them.
Later that day, I got a serious craving for pancakes. Do you ever get those? Like that I-have-to-have-that-right-now-or-I-might-die kind of craving? So I opened the fridge to grab ingredients and saw those strawberries sitting there and I had that aha moment. Strawberry Pancakes it is!
I made a quick little video to show you just how easy these are to whip up. Check it out:
Now that you’ve seen my pancake skills in action, it’s your turn to run to the kitchen and whip up a batch of Strawberry Pancakes for yourself or your family (if you want to share, lol!). Even though it’s not Valentine’s Day anymore, these are great to serve your favorite person/people in the morning!
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tsp. sugar
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup milk, any kind (I used this recipe for homemade buttermilk)
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup strawberries, diced small
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and baking soda in a large mixing bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk milk and egg together. Add butter and whisk until combined.
- Add milk mixture to dry mixture and add vanilla. Whisk together until combined and most of the lumps are gone. Stir in strawberries.
- Heat griddle to medium heat. Spray with cooking spray and pour batter on hot griddle. Flip and cook through. Repeat and enjoy!