Strawberry Walnut Bread – a delicious quick bread filled with fresh strawberries and walnuts. Easy, light and flavorful!I am the carb queen. I love making breads or muffins because truthfully I love having things to snack on. It’s my weakness.
It’s a little nibble here while I’m walking through the kitchen and then another nibble there when I go to grab a drink from the fridge… Somehow the calories don’t count if you’re slowly nibbling on a piece of strawberry walnut bread versus sitting down with an entire slice, right?!
Yep, that’s what I thought.
There’s just something magical about quick bread. No yeast and yet magically you get this perfect loaf of bread as the outcome! I am in love with this strawberry walnut bread. I’ve made banana bread tons of times but never anything with chopped up fruit in it like this.
It’s flavorful and light. Nutty and fruity. It’s such a summery treat that’s perfect to snack on! 🙂
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- ¼ cup + 2 Tbsp. Truvia (or ¾ cup sugar)
- ¼ cup low-fat buttermilk*
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 1½ cups flour
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ Tbsp. ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. ground nutmeg
- 2 Tbsp. + 2 tsp. coconut oil, melted and cooled or canola oil
- 1 cup strawberries, chopped
- ¼ cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Cut a piece of parchment paper to fit in the bottom of a 9x5 loaf pan and spray the entire pan with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a small pan, stir and toast walnuts over medium-low heat, being careful not to burn them. Pull off heat and set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, beat together the egg and egg white until frothy. Add the sugar, buttermilk and vanilla and beat again.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Add the flour mixture to the wet mixture and stir to combine.
- Lightly stir in the oil and then fold in the chopped strawberries and chopped toasted walnuts. Stir until just combined. Pour into loaf pan and smooth top down evenly. Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Cool in the pan for 15 minutes and then remove loaf and devour. 🙂 Enjoy!