I love when it’s almost summertime and the produce in the supermarkets get stocked with my favorite fruits and veggies! Sometimes I buy a whole bunch of produce and I have no idea what to do with it all. This is when I start to get creative and inventive!
This sandwich is divine. Who needs meat in a sandwich, right?! The pairing of avocado and mango is not something I would automatically think of but they go so well together! The avocado is creamy and rich while the mango is sweet and juicy. The mayo infused with lime and cilantro is the perfect marinade for the toasted bread and adds a salty, creaminess to the sandwich. Seriously, make this sandwich today. Whether it’s for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Or all three. You will thank me later. :)
AVOCADO & MANGO SANDWICHES WITH CILANTRO-LIME MAYO: (Serves 4) (recipe adapted from Everyday Food)
- 1/3 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- salt & pepper
- 8 slices of your favorite bread, toasted
- a couple leaves of romaine or Bibb lettuce
- 1 mango, peeled, pitted and thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, pitted and thinly sliced
1) In a small bowl, combine mayo, cilantro and lime juice; season with salt and pepper.
2) Spread toast with mayo mixture. Load up your toast with the lettuce, mango and avocado. Squeeze bread back together and enjoy your yummy sandwich!