I love when it’s almost summertime and the produce in the supermarkets get stocked with my favorite fruits and veggies! Sometimes I buy a whole bunch of produce and I have no idea what to do with it all. This is when I start to get creative and inventive!
This sandwich is divine. Who needs meat in a sandwich, right?! The pairing of avocado and mango is not something I would automatically think of but they go so well together! The avocado is creamy and rich while the mango is sweet and juicy. The mayo infused with lime and cilantro is the perfect marinade for the toasted bread and adds a salty, creaminess to the sandwich. Seriously, make this sandwich today. Whether it’s for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Or all three. You will thank me later. :)
AVOCADO & MANGO SANDWICHES WITH CILANTRO-LIME MAYO: (Serves 4) (recipe adapted from Everyday Food)
- 1/3 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- salt & pepper
- 8 slices of your favorite bread, toasted
- a couple leaves of romaine or Bibb lettuce
- 1 mango, peeled, pitted and thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, pitted and thinly sliced
1) In a small bowl, combine mayo, cilantro and lime juice; season with salt and pepper.
2) Spread toast with mayo mixture. Load up your toast with the lettuce, mango and avocado. Squeeze bread back together and enjoy your yummy sandwich! 🙂
Six Sisters says
This sandwich is loaded with some of our favorite ingredients…cilantro, mango and avacado!! YUM. We appreciate you linking up with us!! It’s so fun to see all of the great ideas and recipes! We hope to see you back again soon! -The Sisters
Oh my goodness! This sounds divine!!! Thank you for this delicious recipe!I am following your blog, you have some delicious recipes, thanks for sharing.
Michelles Tasty Creations says
Jen, this looks super yummy. Thanks for sharing at Creative Thursday last week. I can’t wait to see what you link up this week. Have a great day 🙂
B. Miller says
Substituted the mayo with bree cheese, beat sandwich I’ve ever had!!