Easy {Low Fat} Cool Whip Cookies

Easy and delicious cookies made from a cake mix, 2 eggs and Cool Whip! Low fat and delicious!

I LOVE desserts. Who doesn’t?!

Being somewhat of a healthy food freak, I’m always trying to find some new, great low-fat recipe for cookies, brownies, cake, etc. But after trying a new low-fat dessert recipe I’m usually dissappointed.  But not with these cookies! Get this: these cookies are made from a cake mix, eggs, and COOL WHIP!!!

No joke! Who woulda thunk it?! Cool Whip + Cake Mix = yummy, soft, easy, low fat cookies! And you can use whatever cake mix you like or have on hand in your cupboard.

I had a spice cake mix so I used that. They tasted like gingerbread cookies, it was awesome!! I’ve made chocolate ones and they were fantastic!

Next up, strawberry! I used the Cool Whip Lite brand for fewer calories and you can use the low sugar cake mixes too!

Mmmmmm…so good with a cold glass of milk!

Have you tried this recipe? What did you think?? I can’t wait to play around with it more to see what other results I get!

Easy {Low Fat} Cool Whip Cookies

Author:
Recipe type: Dessert
Ingredients
  • 1 (18.25-oz) box cake mix, any flavor
  • 1 (8-oz) container Cool Whip (I used Lite)
  • 2 eggs
  • powdered sugar, for rolling
Instructions
  1. Beat together Cool Whip and eggs. Add the cake mix and stir together. Dough will be really thick. Chill in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
  2. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray or use parchment paper.
  3. Pour about ⅓ cup of powdered sugar into a small bowl. Drop chilled dough by tablespoon (I used a cookie scoop) into powdered sugar and roll dough around until covered. Bake for about 9-11 minutes. Bake time depends on size of cookies so keep checking to see if cooked! Cool on baking rack and ENJOY!!

If you liked this recipe, you’ll love these too:

Comments

1. says

Making these now with devils food cake mix and applesauce to replace eggs (daughter is allergic). Added cinnamon chips. Will let you know how they turn out!

2. says

Those look so good! I love new takes on things like cookies- it can get boring (but tasty) to bake the same ones all the time. Thanks for sharing.
    Stopping by from the Cheerios and Lattes Blog Hop :)

3. says

So easy..yet I know these cookies were not short on taste..I could eat a dozen.thanks for sharing #57 @ Rattlebridge Farm.

#95 link-up
    Jo @ LoblollyLane

4. says

Jen these look beautiful and sound delicious! I love that you used Cool Whip; how cool! Need to try these! :) You are a featured favorite this week on Saturday Show & Tell on Cheerios and Lattes! Thanks for sharing your great ideas with us each week; we love having you! Can’t wait to see what you’ve been up to this week!
    Mackenzie :)
    cheeriosandlattes.com

5. Carol Ray says

I’ve been using this recipe for over 30 years. Yes, I’m a grandma. Our favorite is made with lemon cake mix. Give it a try.

6. says

What a easy recipe and it looks so good, can’t wait to try this one. Hope you have a great week and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

7. cherie says

Ive made these several times and they are always a big hit. I use a white cake mix sometimes and food coloring to make a colored cookie that fits a team thats playing that day such as blue for titans.Thanks for sharing!!

8. Megan says

YUM! I had a lemon version of these at a League of Women Voters Meet and Greet last week. I HAD to track down the lady who made them and she pointed me to your blog. Excellent! Made with spice cake tonight and they are a hit with the girls and DH!

9. Ashley says

Do you flatten the cookies on the cookie sheet or just leave them in balls and they flatten into the above cookies in the oven?