You will LOVE this Easy One Dish Turkey (or Chicken) Casserole Recipe! So super easy to make, only a few ingredients needed and uses all those leftovers you don’t know what to do with!
After several days of eating leftover turkey sandwiches, I decided to try a new recipe for a turkey casserole. If you know me, you know that I seriously LOVE trying out new recipes. I found the recipe in the newspaper, had all the ingredients and it sounded wonderful. Well, it wasn’t. Serious FAIL.
Oh my word, it was awful! My boys wouldn’t even eat it! So with more turkey meat still sitting in my fridge, I decided to just make my mom’s old stand-by turkey casserole recipe. It had been awhile since I’d made it. My boys were super skeptical after my first attempt but gave it a try anyway. Ending result? An enthusiastic two thumbs up! They loved it!!!
- There are a couple great things about this casserole.
- It only uses one 8×8 pan. No mixing bowl needed!
- Uses turkey OR chicken.
- You get to use up all the stuffing leftovers.
- Tastes amazing – kid approved!
Since this is a basic turkey casserole recipe, you can adapt it to what your family likes. If you don’t have stuffing leftover like I did, make up a new batch of Stove Top and throw it on the top. I make this year round and my kids love it!
- 2 cups cooked diced turkey or chicken
- 1 can low fat cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 Tbsp. dried onion flakes
- 2 Tbsp. fresh chopped parsley or 1 tsp. dried
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup frozen peas
- bread dressing leftovers or make a quick a box of Stove Top
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix all ingredients except bread dressing in an 8x8 pan, stirring until combined. Spread bread dressing over top. Cover loosely with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until heated through and bubbly. Take off foil and let the top brown a bit. Serve warm and enjoy!
If you liked this recipe, you might like these too:
For even more great ideas follow me on: