Slow Cooker Chicken & Dumplings:
Print Recipe HERE
- 1-1/2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 medium potatoes, cubed
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 2 (10.75 oz) cans condensed cream of chicken soup (natural or 98% fat free work great)
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 2 cups all-purpose baking mix (such as Bisquick)
- 2/3 cup milk
- Place chicken, celery, onion, potatoes and carrots in a large slow cooker.
- Stir the soup, water, thyme and pepper in medium-sized bowl. Pour the soup mixture over the chicken and vegetables.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 7-8 hours or HIGH for 4-5 hours or until chicken is cooked through.
- When cooking time is up and the chicken is cooked through, stir the baking mix and milk together in a small bowl. Turn the heat on the crock pot to HIGH (if not already). Spoon the batter over the top of the chicken mixture. Tilt the lid to vent and cook for 30 minutes or so, or until the dumplings are cooked through and no longer doughy.
- Serve and ENJOY!!
*adapted from allrecipes