The other day, I was making my grocery list and asked my oldest what he needed at the grocery store. He told me to pick up “that caramel apple dip sauce stuff”. Um, okay…so while I was at the grocery store, I kept my eyes peeled for said “caramel apple dip sauce stuff” aka caramel apple dip. Not sure if it’s because of the time of year (not summer) or what, but I could NOT find it anywhere! So I researched homemade caramel dip and found that it’s so EASY to make and has only TWO ingredients!!
And seriously, it’s so much better than the store-bought stuff!
Here’s what you need to make awesome homemade caramel apple dip…
Homemade Caramel Apple Dip:
Print Recipe HERE
- 1 (14-oz) bag caramel squares, unwrapped
- 1 (14-oz) can sweetened condensed milk, (I used fat free!)
1. Combine the unwrapped caramel squares and sweetened condensed milk in a medium-size microwaveable bowl.
2. Microwave for 1 minute. Stir. Continue to microwave at 30 second intervals, stirring in between. Mine took 3 minutes and 30 seconds to completely melt and get to the consistency I wanted.
3. When it’s cooled down enough, pour into Mason jars or other sealed containers and store in the refrigerator.
4. OR enjoy with a sliced apple right away, like my boys and I did. 🙂