I am a control freak. It’s the truth.
Okay, now that I’ve said that, I will tell you that yesterday I not only let my little boys dip pretzels and ritz peanut butter sandwiches into melted chocolate (and put sprinkles on them!) but we also made gingerbread house out of graham crackers and frosting. #supermom #momoftheyear
It was almost impossible to not do everything for my little boys and control which sprinkles went where. I had to bite my tongue and let them do it themselves. And you know what? They had so much fun! And you know what else? It didn’t kill me! Ha!
If you have a super mom kind of day like I did yesterday and want to really impress your kids at dinner time, check out these hand-held pot pies. My boys love these! The biscuit crust is flaky on the outside and the filling is delicious. This is sure to put you on superstar mom status!
- 2 packages Pillsbury Grands biscuits
- 1 onion, diced
- 2-3 cups cooked, diced chicken (canned is fine)
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 10-oz. bag frozen mixed veggies, steamed
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350º. Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray, set aside.
- Spray a skillet with cooking spray and cooked diced onion until soft. Add remaining ingredients and heat through.
- Open package of biscuits and flatten each circle out with your fingertips. Place chicken filling on one half of the circle and bring the other half over. Press edges with a fork to seal closed. Carefully place on the cookie sheet.
- Finish each mini pot pie and then bake for about 30-35 minutes or until the outside is golden and the middle is cooked. Serve immediately and enjoy!