Happy Friday! TGIF!
This week went by so fast. I love when that happens. Makes me so happy when I realize it’s the weekend again!
We are finally settling into our new house. We are loving the area we moved into, it’s pretty ritzy. Much ritzier than the last area we lived in. I’m getting used to seeing Ferraris and Porsches on the way to and from school every day.
Okay, that makes it sound like Hollywood or something, lol! It’s not! But it is a great area and we are loving it!
My boys have been struggling a bit with their homework and tests, though. The schools here are much more demanding than their last, and the impact of football plus school has been a bit tough.
In order to loosen things up a bit, I recently sent my boys to school with some of this pumpkin bread. Instant A+.
No, I’m totally kidding! I wish it was that easy!! But brownie points never hurt, right?! 😉
This pumpkin loaf is just beyond the best pumpkn bread I’ve ever had. It is SO moist, so flavorful and spiced with all those wonderful fall spices, that it deserves its own glaze.
- ½ c. coconut oil
- ½ c. Truvia Baking Blend
- 2 eggs (preferably room temperature)
- 1¾ c. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. nutmeg
- ¼ tsp. ginger
- ¼ tsp. cloves
- ¾ c. canned pureed pumpkin
- ¾ c. chocolate chips
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 Tbsp. milk
- ⅛ tsp. nutmeg
- ⅛ tsp. cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Spray a loaf pan with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg and ginger. Mix with whisk and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, cream coconut oil and sugar. Blend in eggs. Add in flour mixture, alternating with pumpkin. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour into prepared loaf pan and bake for 60-75 minutes. Cool.
- In a small bowl, mix together powdered sugar, milk, nutmeg and cinnamon. Drizzle over cooled loaf. Let stand for a couple hours before slicing. Serve and enjoy!