Crazy amazing Pumpkin French Toast made healthier by using egg whites and Dave’s Killer Bread! This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Dave’s Killer Bread. The opinions and text are all mine.
My all-time favorite breakfast is hands-down, french toast. My mom would make it all the time when I was a kid. I think it’s my favorite because I love bread. Like, love love.
If you offered me the choice of candy or bread, I would without a doubt pick the bread. Bread over sweets any day!
I love a good piece of whole wheat, slathered in butter. Or a few pieces of toast, sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar. But mostly, some good ‘ol pumpkin french toast.
But not all bread is created equal. There are definitely those brands that rise above and beyond the normal bread realm.
Have you by chance heard of Dave’s Killer Bread? It is ALL over my local grocery store. It’s insanely popular, and with good reason. It not only tastes amazing, but it contains NO fillers. None!
All of Dave’s Killer Bread products contain no artificial preservatives, no artificial ingredients and no high fructose corn syrup. How’s that for healthy?! (And how cute is that guitar-playing, muscular dude on the packaging?!)
The 100% Whole Wheat is the first Non-GMO Project verified, certified organic, 100% whole wheat bread that has 4 grams of protein, 3 grams of fiber & absolutely nothing artificial. The Seeded Honey Wheat is packed with seeds on the inside for the perfect crunch and a punch of protein – 5 grams! Plus 5 grams of fiber and mega omegas.
Putting bread of this quality with pumpkin and making it into french toast? Yes, please!
This pumpkin french toast is made healthier by not only using Dave’s Killer Bread, but also using egg whites instead of the whole eggs, Vitamin C packed pumpkin puree, and spices to create a world-class, healthier, delicious pumpkin french toast your whole family will love! This recipe makes 3 french toast but is easy to double or triple.
Go pick up some Dave’s Killer Bread at your local grocery store – it’s the #1 best-selling organic bread in the United States! I promise you will not regret giving it a try to make this Pumpkin French Toast! 🙂
Healthier Pumpkin French Toast
- 3 pieces of Dave's Killer Bread 100% whole wheat or Seeded Honey Wheat
- 2 egg whites
- 2 Tbsp. canned pureed pumpkin
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/8 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp. Truvia Baking Blend or 1/2 tsp. sugar
- In a bowl, whip egg whites lightly with a whisk. Add in pumpkin, milk, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice and Truvia. Beat together with whisk.
- Heat a skillet (or griddle) over medium heat. Spray generously with cooking spray.
- Dip bread, one at a time, into egg mixture, flip over and get the whole piece of bread coated. Let excess drip off bread and then place on hot skillet (or griddle). When browned, carefully flip over. Brown on other side.
- Serve immediately with syrup or fruit and enjoy!