So, pizza. I feel like you’re either a lover or a hater. Which side are you on?
Me? I’m a lover. Oooooh yeah. I love me a good pizza pie.
I also love me a good dip. Dips are just about the greatest snack ever created. I’m what you would call a snacker. I would prefer eating snacks (especially dips) over eating a whole meal. My name is Jen and I have a problem, lol!
Apparently it’s genetic because my oldest is the same way. He will sit and eat an entire bag of goldfish crackers but hates to eat a warm meal. Go figure.
I honestly can’t say enough good things about this dip! It has so many layers of flavor.
The bottom layer is a creamy, herbed cream cheese topped with a little layer of mozzarella and parmesan. That’s then topped with a quick, homemade pizza sauce, a little more cheese and then pepperoni or whatever other toppings you like.
It’s like if a pizza and a cheese dip had a baby, this is what it would be. Super easy and really, crazy flavorful. 😉
In my opinion, you just can’t go wrong with a warm dip. Especially if it tastes like pizza! This is such a great dip to take to a party. It makes a great football watching snack, too.
You will be the hit of the party if you bring this dish, I can promise you that!
- 12 ounces light cream cheese (about 1½ boxes)
- ¾ tsp. dried oregano
- ¾ tsp. dried parsley
- ¼ tsp. dried basil
- 2 (8-oz) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (6-oz) can tomato paste
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- 2 tsp. dried basil
- ½ tsp. sugar
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, divided
- ½ cup powdered parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup pepperoni
- any other toppings you like!
- Ritz crackers (bread slices work great, too!)
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Spray the bottom of a 1½ quart casserole dish with cooking spray; set aside.
- Mix together cream cheese, oregano, parsley and basil in a small bowl. Spread herbed cream cheese on the bottom of prepared dish. Layer with ½ cup mozzarella cheese and ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese.
- In another medium sized bowl, mix together tomato sauce, tomato paste, oregano, basil, sugar and garlic powder. Pour over cheese layer in dish. Cover with the remaining cheeses. Top with pepperoni and any other toppings desired.
- Place in preheated oven and bake for 15 mins or until heated through and bubbly. Serve with crackers and ENJOY!