Vent moment: Saturdays are just about never relaxing.
We always have two ball games to go to (most of them are far away), cleaning the house, grocery shopping, haircuts, etc etc! Sometimes I want to just crawl under my covers on Saturday morning and sleep the day away. 😉
BUT, sometimes they’re great. If you follow me on Instagram, you’ll know my 10 year old got a sweet touchdown at his football game today which was SO awesome! #proudmom
Sundays are pretty nice, though. We go to church every Sunday morning and then have the rest of the day to hang out as a family. We love going for walks, hanging on the local playgrouds, you know – the typical stuff.
Lately we’ve also been watching a LOT of football. We are huge ASU fans and my oldest son is probably the world’s biggest Oregon fan.
I like to make something yummy to snack on while we’re all hanging out watching the games, but I’m trying to keep it healthier (versus this golden grahams mix that’s my ALL TIME FAVE). Thus, these healthy spiced nuts were created.
Mixed nuts tossed in a spice mix and a couple egg whites, then baked = some pretty amazing nuts. I used my fave Truvia for these to make them sweeter but healthier.
It just doesn’t get easier than this. They hardly take any prep time and look 100% professional. Your friends will be so impressed that you made them! Plus they taste amazing. The perfect blend of sweet & spice. The best football party treat!
Spiced NutsPrint Pin Rate
- 3 1/2 cups mixed nuts
- 1/4 tsp. ground cloves
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/4 cup Truvia Baking Blend or 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp. Truvia Brown Sugar or 2 Tbsp. light brown sugar
- 2 egg whites
- Preheat oven to 225º F. Place a sheet of parchment paper on the bottom of a rimmed baking sheet.
- Mix all spices, sugars and egg whites. Beat with a whisk for 1-2 minutes, until sugars are dissolved. Fold in nuts.
- Pour onto prepared baking sheet. Bake for 65 minutes, stirring every 20 minutes. Pull out of oven and let cool. Store in an air tight container. Enjoy!