This Flourless Chocolate Cake is easy, decadent, fudgy and delicious. Made with a secret ingredient instead of flour. (This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Truvía®. The opinions and text are all mine.)
What are your Valentine’s Day plans? Do you cook a big dinner? Make a fancy dessert? My husband always tells me we’re not celebrating because it’s a Hallmark holiday and means nothing. 😉 But he always comes through and gets me something nice, like flowers and a card.
I like to make a yummy dessert to share with him and my boys. I’ve been messing around with ingredients lately in my baked goods. I’ve added avocado to chocolate to make healthier truffles and cookies and garbanzo beans to make healthier brownies and cookie dough you can eat raw.
There’s something about interchanging ingredients to make a dish healthier. Sometimes I literally jump up and down and do a crazy dance when it all turns out yummy! 🙂 One dessert that’s been on my radar is flourless chocolate cake. I’ve seen recipes around the web for it and thought I would need to make my own version. The result? The most incredible moist, fudgy, decadent cake that’s incredibly light and crumbly all at the same time!
Using garbanzo beans in place of the flour is such an easy switch. Garbanzo beans add moisture without changing the taste of the cake. Plus they’re full of protein.
Adding in some applesauce and using Truvía® Baking Blend instead of sugar really saves in the calorie department. Truvía® has 75% fewer calories per serving than sugar. Here’s a fun fact for you: 1/2 cup (190 calories) of Truvía® Baking Blend is equal to 1 cup of sugar (760 calories). Can you believe that calorie difference?! Plus your baked goods come out tasting just as fabulous as they would if you used regular sugar, and you saved so many calories! Check out the store locator to see if your grocery store carries Truvía®.
There’s a great giveaway going on withTruvía®. Share your sledding or sledding inspired photos on theTruvía® Facebook page or by using #SweetWarmUp on Instagram or Twitter. The contest runs from February 9th – 24th and fans have the chance to win the prizes listed below (worth up to $700.)
- Faribault Woolen Mills Scarf
- Marmot Gloves
- Enamel Coffee Mugs
- Snowman Building Kit
- Reusable Hand Warmers
- Duluth Pack Bag
- Truvía® Product Family
- Keurig 2.0
My boys absolutely LOVED this flourless chocolate cake. It was gone in minutes. They were shocked when they learned there was no flour and less sugar. I’ll be making this again for my Valentine this year for sure!
- 1 (15-oz) can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1½ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 eggs
- ⅓ cup applesauce
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ¼ cup + 2 Tbsp. Truvia Baking Blend
- ½ tsp. vanilla
- ¼ tsp. salt
- powdered sugar, for topping
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Spray a 9" cake round with cooking spray and set aside.
- Melt chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl for about 1½ - 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds.
- In a food processor, blend up garbanzo beans. Add in melted chocolate chips and blend together.
- Add in eggs, applesauce, baking powder, Truvia, vanilla, salt and blend until smooth and completely combined.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 40 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool, slice and serve with powdered sugar.
Looking for more healthy dessert recipes? Try these too:
Flourless Recipes from friends:
- Chocolate Avocado Truffles by Crazy for Crust
- Flourless Cookies with Chocolate Chips and Oatmeal by Weary Chef
- Flourless Nutella Cheesecake Swirl Brownies by Cupcakes & Kale Chips