This Crock Pot Roast with Vegetables is a family favorite meal! It’s an entire dinner in one crock pot – with veggies, starch and meat all cooked together. The meat is SO tender and delicious! This is a must-make!
I just got back from San Diego yesterday! My husband and I went to visit our friend who just recently moved there to celebrate her Birthday. I had so much fun and ate way too much food. 😉
We stayed in Little Italy and went to the farmers market there on Saturday. It was such great weather and so much fun! It’s been awhile since I was able to go on a trip with my husband. The last several trips I went on were work ones for me so I was happy to spend some time with him. My husband’s brother and sister love me so much that they drove from Utah to come watch my boys. I’m a lucky one!
The weekend before, I made one of our favorite dinners – crock pot roast with vegetables. I love everything about this meal. It’s an entire dinner in one crock pot. You have your veggies, starch and meat all cooked together. You do have to do a little prep work of cutting the vegetables and browning the meat, but once you throw it all in the slow cooker, you don’t have to think about it again for hours. Before you know it – dinner is ready!
It’s great for Sunday dinner or any day you know will be busy. Stick this in the crock pot and you’ll have a comforting meal your family will devour!
- 3 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 4 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 onion, cut into chunks
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 3 lb. chuck roast
- salt and pepper
- 1½ Tbsp. olive oil
- ¾ cup water
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. beef bouillon granules
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- Spray slow cooker with cooking spray. Place potatoes, carrots, onion and celery on the bottom of slow cooker.
- Season roast with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a saucepan on medium-high. Brown roast on all sides and place on top of veggies.
- Combine water, Worcestershire, bouillon and basil. Pour over meat and vegetables.
- Cook on LOW for 10 hours, or until the beef is shredded very easily and vegetables are soft. Season with salt and pepper if needed. Enjoy!