Maple Nut Party Mix is the easiest party mix you can make! This salty & sweet snack is perfect to bring to a party or to give out as gifts. Always a crowd-pleaser!
I LOVE party mix! Any sort of cereal mix or nut mix is one of my favorite snacks to eat and serve at parties. I sort of combined the two and made Maple Nut Party Mix! This is the easiest party mix ever. To show you just how easy it is, my son and I made a quick little video:
My oldest was home sick from school so I took advantage of the situation and had him help me with the video. I think it came out pretty good! He’s really talented at computer stuff so editing the video made him super happy. What do you think? Do you like seeing videos with the steps or not?
Cereal snack mixes are one of my favorite things EVER. For real, I can’t pass up a bowl of chex mix or any kind of snack mix. Are you like that too? If you have a holiday party coming up, this is the perfect addition to the table! If you’re going to a potluck, bring this!
I was in charge of my 5 year old’s school teacher luncheon this week, and I brought this party mix. I had several people ask who brought it and wanted to know the recipe! It’s that good. 😉 Happy Friday!
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 tsp. maple extract
- 5 cups Honey Nut Chex Cereal
- 3 cups Wheat Chex Cereal
- ½ cup walnut (or pecan) pieces
- ½ cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup honey roasted peanuts
- Preheat oven to 250ºF.
- In a large bowl, combine cereals and nuts. Set aside.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Stir in brown sugar and continue stirring until sugar dissolves. Add maple extract and stir to combine.
- Pour mixture over cereal mixture and stir immediately, folding until the brown sugar mixture is completely coating the cereal.
- Pour mixture into cookie sheet and bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Store in airtight container. Enjoy!