Fluff Cake is a delicious fat free, low calorie dessert with only TWO ingredients! It’s the easiest dessert to make and comes out fluffy and light. Great served with fruit and whipped topping. 🙂
A couple weekends ago for the President’s Day & Valentine’s Day weekend, my hubby’s mom, sister and brother drove over from Utah to visit us. I love it when I get to spend time with my MIL because she’s so knowledgable on food. She raised 8 kids on home cooked meals and even had a catering business. She really knows how to take a few ingredients and turn them into a great dish.
I was picking her brain on recipes and she easily spouted off a few that I’ve since cooked (looking at you cheesy cauliflower casserole!). This 2 ingredient fluff cake was one of the recipes she told me about.
I was a little bit hesitant to try it because I thought it sounded a bit strange. Crushed pineapple and angel food cake mix? Hmmm… but I’m glad I did! It’s so yummy! My husband was even pleasantly surprised and couldn’t believe the fluff cake had only 2 ingredients!
I’m still not the greatest at making videos but I bribed my son (free cake, lol!) to help me make one for this easy fluff cake recipe. I thought it came out cute!
This is my new favorite cake recipe because it has only 120 calories per serving and is fat free. Plus it still has that yummy angel food cake fluffy texture but with an added bit of texture from the pineapple. It doesn’t have an overtly pineapple taste to it but just a bit, which makes it perfect to pair with some whipped topping and fruit. I hope you’ll give this easy fluff cake recipe a try soon! It makes a great spring dessert!
- 1 (16-oz) box angel food cake mix
- 1 (20-oz) can crushed pineapple, not drained
- whipped topping, for serving
- chopped fruit, for serving
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Spray a 9x13" pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the dry angel food cake mix with the crushed pineapple, juice and all. Stir well.
- Pour cake batter into prepared pan and bake in preheated oven for 35-40 mins. Keep checking the cake after about 30 minutes. The cake will be springy to the touch when cooked through and golden brown on the top.
- Let cool and then cut into squares. Serve with whipped topping and fruit. Enjoy!