An unbelievably smooth, creamy and decadent truffle chocolates recipe made with…wait for it… AVOCADO! Only 94 calories per truffle!
Avocado + Dark Chocolate = Heaven.
This is truth, guys. Sounds crazy though, right? When I first heard about this, it seemed to me like saying that green beans and cake will taste good together. Yeah, um, no. It just seems wrong.
But seriously, it’s amazing. Have you ever baked with avocado in place of butter or oil? It’s cool how you can’t even taste the avocado and it makes such a rich texture.
The best part about using avocados in a sweet treat is that they’re full of healthy fats, the good kinds that lower cholesterol. They also have more protein than most other fruits. The average avocado has 4 grams of protein in it! They have less sugar than other fruits, lots of great vitamins and of course, fiber. All around, avocados are pretty much the coolest fruit ever.
Add in the dark chocolate and you got yourself a winner of a treat. Dark chocolate has less sugar than other chocolates. Plus it’s full of antioxidants and fiber too. Oh, and it tastes good. 😉
Now, I’m not saying these truffles are the healthiest of all desserts, but I think they’re pretty dang close!
With a little under 100 calories per truffle, these are such a cute and healthy Valentine’s treat for your sweeties!
- 1 ripe avocado mashed
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate melted
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- cocoa powder
- Melt dark chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mash avocado. When chocolate is smooth, pour into mashed avocado and stir together. Add in vanilla and cinnamon.
- When combined and clump-free, place in refrigerator for about a half hour. When cooled and hardened, scoop into 10-12 balls and roll until smooth.
- Roll each ball in cocoa powder and serve. Place any remaining truffles in air tight container.