Bacon & Avocado Hash Brown Egg Cups are the perfect flavorful, make-ahead breakfast!
You will love this easy breakfast recipe of Hash Brown Egg Cups with bacon and California Avocados, sponsored by the California Avocado Commission! If you’ve been a reader here on YHE for awhile, you know of my love for any and all egg cups. They’re pretty much the best invention ever. Whether they’re mini egg cups or regular muffins size egg cups, I don’t discriminate. I love them all! 😉
These Hash Brown Egg Cups are probably my favorite egg cups to date because they have a crust of hash browns and are filled with bacon, egg and California Avocados deliciousness. They have so much flavor packed into a muffin size breakfast bite. They’re also known as “egg nests” because well, it’s like egg in a hash brown nest. Cute, right?
I love making make ahead breakfasts like this because it saves so much time. I can make a batch or two of these Hash Brown Egg Cups and refrigerate the leftovers to eat throughout the week. I’m always so happy when the California Avocado Commission sends me a box of avocados to play around with! You can pretty much add avocados to any dish and it will always make it better, right? 🙂
Avocados add such a richness to these Hash Brown Egg Cups. Every bite has hash brown, egg, bacon, cheese and avocado in it. I could seriously sit and eat an entire pan of these for breakfast, lunch or dinner! I can’t wait for you to try this recipe!
- 3 1/2 cups hash browns thawed
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 6 eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 California Avocado diced
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 slices bacon diced
- Preheat oven to 425ºF. Spray a 12 cup muffin tin with cooking spray and set aside.
- Pour hash browns into a large bowl. If frozen, place in the microwave for a minute or two to partially thaw. Season with 1/2 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp. pepper, or to taste. Add olive oil one tablespoon at a time, stirring between, until the hash browns are just coated, not oily.
- Line each muffin cup with seasoned hash browns, pressing down to fit the bottom and sides of each cup, creating a crust.
- Place muffin tin in preheated oven and cook for about 20 minutes. If the hash browns are mushy on the bottom, you can cook a few minutes longer or also place in the broiler for a few minutes to get golden brown.
- Lower oven temperature to 325ºF. Whisk eggs in a mixing bowl with salt & pepper to taste. Fold in cheese, California Avocado and bacon. Scoop egg mixture into each hash brown crust and place back in oven. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until egg is set.
- Let cool for a few minutes and then using a butter knife, scrape the outside rim of each egg cup and extract. Serve and enjoy! Refrigerate any leftovers and warm up in microwave for 45 seconds to serve. They're also good room temperature!
If you liked this recipe, you might like these too:
(Thank you to the California Avocado Commission for sponsoring this post!)