All of your favorite fajita flavors rolled into a burger! You will love this Chicken Fajita Burger with Roasted Peppers and Chipotle Mayonnaise! (Plus a giveaway, details below!)
Check out this Chicken Fajita Burger with Roasted Peppers and Chipotle Mayonnaise! Such an easy burger recipe packed with flavor! I love making burgers for dinner. When I don’t know what to make for dinner, burgers are always the answer! Have you ever used ground chicken instead of turkey or beef? Ground chicken burgers are the best! I love using ground chicken in burger recipes for a few reasons…
- It’s healthy and also inexpensive.
- It’s easy to pair with many different flavor combinations.
- It makes the most flavorful & juiciest burgers!
Okay so now that you know my reasons for choosing ground chicken for my Chicken Fajita Burgers, let’s talk about why these burgers are so flipping delicious. The patties are filled with a combination of delicious spices as well as cilantro, green onions, shallots and garlic. The outcome is an extremely juicy and flavorful burger.
Another amazing thing about this Chicken Fajita Burger? Two words: roasted peppers. Oh my goodness, people. Roasted peppers are my favorite! I took two pasilla peppers and grilled them before grilling my Chicken Fajita Burgers. After they were charred a bit, I pulled them off and put them on a plate and covered in plastic wrap. After I grilled my patties, I cut up the peppers and placed on top, along with my favorite condiments. SO GOOD!!
One of those favorite condiments mentioned above was the Chipotle Mayo you see drizzled on this bad boy. I love chipotle peppers in adobo sauce. I added some light mayo and lime juice to some chopped up peppers and bam. Incredible chipotle mayo! This is one of my favorite burger recipes ever. Now, let’s get to the giveaway!
For the past few years, my foodie friend Kita from Girl Carnivore and Pass the Sushi has organized #BurgerMonth. This is my first year joining in on the fun. There are about 100 burger recipes coming at you of every size, flavor and protein you can imagine. It’s all so exciting!
Each week we are giving away the below prizes!! Over a $600 value to one lucky reader (each week)! ENTER HERE at BurgerMonth.com PLUS once you get over there you will get to see all the crazy delicious burger creations all these great bloggers came up with! Here’s the prize pack info:
- American Lamb Board – (ALB prize boxes 5 lbs of ground lamb, an apron and a meat thermometer
- Anolon – 10″x 18″ Double Burner Griddle and Grill Pan
- Beef, It’s What’s For Dinner – prize packs of beefy grilling-themed goodies
- Char-Broil – Char-Broil Kettleman Grill
- Curly’s BBQ – Curly’s BBQ Pork Pack
- Cuttingboard.com – Olive Wood Carver Bo
- Melissa’s Produce – Baby vegetable box
- Primal Stone – XL Primal Stone
- Spiceologist – 4 Rub Grilling Spice Set
- Thermoworks – Thermapen Mk4
- Veal Made Easy – 5 lbs Veal and grilling gear
I hope you enjoyed my burger creation for #BURGERMONTH 2017! I would like to send a huge THANK YOU to the following awesome brands: AMERICAN LAMB BOARD, ANOLON. BEEF, IT’S WHAT’S FOR DINNER, CHAR-BROIL, CURLY’S BBQ, CUTTINGBOARD.COM, MELISSA’S PRODUCE, PRIMAL STONE, SPICEOLOGIST , THERMOWORKS , & VEAL MADE EASY for all the amazing prizes and for making #BURGERMONTH extra fun for our readers!
This post is a part of the month-long super cool celebration of all things burger which was the brainchild of Kita from Girl Carnivore. Follow the hashtag #BurgerMonth across social media for 100 delicious burgers and prizes, all month long!
Chicken Fajita Burger
- 1 pound lean ground chicken
- 2 green onions diced (whites & greens)
- 2 Tbsp. diced shallot
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. Mexican oregano
- 1/2 tsp. ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
Chipotle Mayo Ingredients:
- 1 Tbsp. chopped chipotles in adobo sauce
- 2 Tbsp. light mayonnaise
- Juice from 1/2 lime about 1 Tbsp.
Other Items Needed:
- 2 pasilla peppers or other similar pepper
- Hamburger Buns for serving
- Condiments/Toppings for serving
- Combine the ground chicken and other burger ingredients in a large bowl. Lightly mix, using hands to combine. Pat out into four burger patties. Place in freezer.
- While patties sit in freezer, preheat grill or grill pan and roast pasilla peppers for a few minutes, rotating, until charred on the outside. Place on a plate and cover with plastic wrap.
- Grease grill (dampen a folded paper towel with oil and use tongs to grease the hot grill grates). Grill patties until cooked through.
- While patties are grilling, mix together chipotles, lime juice and mayonnaise in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Carefully chop stems off peppers and cut in half. Discard seeds from center and slice peppers up.
- When burgers are finished cooking, serve on buns with peppers, chipotle mayo and any other desired condiment or topping. Enjoy!