Baked Turkey Meatballs in Cream Sauce
- 1.25 lb. lean ground turkey or beef
- 1 cup whole wheat bread crumbs I tear up a few bread slices
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp. dried parsley
- 1/4 tsp. thyme
- 3/4 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 12-oz can evaporated milk
- 1 10.75-oz can cream of mushroom soup
- Combine turkey, bread crumbs, egg, parsley, thyme, paprika, salt, pepper, chopped onion and about 1/3 of the can of evaporated milk. Mix well with hands and form into about 1 inch meatballs (See below). I usually get around 28 meatballs.
- Place meatballs on a parchment covered baking sheet and baked in 350 degree F oven for 10-15 minutes (See below) OR brown on all sides in a skillet.
- Place browned meatballs in a 9x13 dish. Mix cream of mushroom soup and remaining evaporated milk. Pour sauce over meatballs (See below).
- Cover dish with tin foil and bake at 350 degrees F for 30-40 minutes. Serve meatballs with plenty of sauce over cooked rice, pasta or boiled potatoes with a little chopped parsley sprinkled on top. ENJOY!!