I am a total Thai food freak! My husband and I order take out from this little tiny place down the street EVERY Friday. I crave it – it’s SO good!
Because I’m addicted to Thai food, I’m always checking out new Thai recipes and tweaking them to get them just right. This recipe is one of my very favorites! It might look off-putting because of the color, but do NOT be fooled. This is one of the most flavorful dishes! It’s full of fresh chopped vegetables and yummy spices on top of warm linguine. It tastes like authentic restaurant Thai food but doesn’t take long to make or have strange ingredients. Give this recipe a try and let me know what you think! We love it!
- 3 uncooked chicken breasts sliced into bite-size strips
- 1/2 cup carrot shredded
- 1/2 cup onion diced
- 1/2 cup celery diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 3 cloves garlic diced or crushed
- 2 tsp. fresh ginger finely chopped
- juice and zest from 1 lime
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper more if you like spicier
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1/2 cup lite soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. peanut butter
- 1 12-oz box linguine noodles (I love Dreamfield's Low Carb)
- chopped peanuts for serving
- Slice chicken breasts and set aside. In a large bowl, place the remaining ingredients except for the noodles and mix together. Add sliced chicken and marinate for 1 hour.
- Cook linguine as directed on box. While cooking, heat 2 Tbsp. peanut or olive oil in a large sauté pan. Add the chicken AND marinade to the warm pan. Cook in pan, stirring frequently, until chicken is cooked through. Spoon over linguine pasta and top with cilantro and chopped peanuts, if desired. ENJOY!!
Tried this Recipe? Pin it for Later!Mention @JenNikolaus or tag #YummyHealthyEasy!
This marinade smells soooo good! All the flavors and spices go perfectly together, yum!
Looking for more yummy dinner ideas?
Cropped Stories says
Hey there! I’m stopping’ by from the blog hop and wanted to let you know I’m your newest follower via GFC! Hope you’ll get a chance to visit me! You can find me here:
I can’t get over how amazing this looks! 🙂
I would love for you to join my Link Up this week!
Margaret Heisworkingitout Reed says
Boy that looks good, and like I like it….EASY!.I am following you on Bloglovin and network blogs. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Fit-And-Beyond-40/514406535245118?ref=hl
Yum Jen! This looks awesome! I love Thai food too, and LOVE anything with peanut butter in it. Definitely pinning this and going to try it 🙂 Thanks girl!
Krista @ joyfulhealthyeats
A Mommys Blog Design says
Wow! This looks delicious. My kids love anything with chicken. Hi! I’m your newest follower from Mom’s Monday Mingle. I’m following you via pinterest. Please stop by and say hi when youhave a chance. I’m also hosting a blog hop this Friday if you would like to join us 🙂 Hope you are having an awesome week.
A Mommy’s Blog Design http://amblogdesign.com
Linda Nortje says
Pinned! I have never tried Thai Chicken and this looks delicious 🙂
With A Blast
I love Thai food, too. I’ll definitely give this recipe a try. It looks simple and tasty.
k d says
this looks lovely! I would love to see it at my linky party if you would like please come link up here are details
(I saw you on the DIY Dreamer blog hop)
This looks fantastic! Pinning and I cannot wait to try it. I love Thai food and this sounds like it has an amazing sauce to it. Thanks for sharing this awesome recipe!!
I have all the ingredients for this excited to try making it tonight! Looks yummy! Drop by & share your recipes at my party too if you like. I pinned this btw. Theresa @DearCreatives
Simply Suzannes at Home says
Suzanne of Simply Suzannes at Home
Oh my heavens! This looks delicious!
I have a few great ideas after seeing this post/recipe!
Thanks so much for sharing.
Have a great weekend,
Thank you Jen. Love Thai food.