Banana Bread Cake – Banana Bread in cake form! Soft, moist and absolutely delicious! PLUS you can win a KitchenAid Mixer!
Aloha from Hawaii! I’m sitting in my awesome resort room as I’m typing this out. It is gorgeous here!
It’s a bit humid and hot – but totally worth it. We rented modpeds today. Never ever in my wildest dreams, did I ever think I could/would ride a moped! We rode around the island a bit and then snorkled out in turtle beach. I saw some cool looking fish but no turtles. Wah.
So, that’s two things off my bucket list! Plus, we just got home from a luau dinner! That’s three things off my bucket list! 🙂
The entertainment was so cool but the food, unfortunately, wasn’t that great.
They had a buffet smorgasbord of all sorts of foods. I tried poi, which I guess is made from taro root – um, not so good. Yuck. They had pulled pork that was overly dry and a few side dishes I could have done without.
The coconut jello was yummy as well as their crab salad. Yum.
The dessert there? Not so awesome. They had an upside down pineapple cake and a coconut cake to choose from.
Neither were outstanding and I was wishing I was back home with a slice of this moist, soft, banana bread cake.
This cake is seriously awesome. Just like its name says, it’s basically a banana bread cooked in a bundt pan. It’s soft, moist, and banana-ey. 😉 It has a delicious crust of sugar and an icing drizzle that gives it a touch more sweetness.
All of this beauty was made in my KitchenAid mixer!
And guess what? You can win your very own KitchenAid mixer in the giveaway below!
My good friend, Lindsay, from the blog Life, Love & Sugar, is celebrating her two year blogiversary! If you haven’t checked out her blog – you need to hurry over now. Her recipes are wonderful and her photography is amazing!!
A few friends and I got together with Lindsay and made it possible for you to win your very own KitchenAid mixer! Just enter below to win… and then make yourself this banana bread cake. You won’t be sorry!
Congrats on two years, Lindsay!!!
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 4 Tbsp. butter softened (plus extra for buttering pan)
- 1 cup + 2 Tbsp. Truvia Baking Blend or 2 1/4 cup white sugar, plus extra for bundt pan
- 3 eggs
- 3 mashed ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup 5-oz container plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 3 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 1/8 tsp. baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. cinnamon
- powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Melt a few tablespoons of butter and spread around a bundt pan, covering the whole surface. Cover the butter in granulated sugar.
- Mix together coconut oil, butter and Truvia in your KitchenAid mixer. Add in eggs, bananas, Greek yogurt, and vanilla. Mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Slowly add to banana mixture until incorporated.
- Pour into prepared bundt pan and place in oven for about 45-50 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean. Let cool slightly before turning pan over onto a plate.
- When ready to serve, mix together some powdered sugar and milk and drizzle over the bundt cake. Cut and serve. Enjoy!
Looking for more desserts? Try these:
Baked Biscuit Donuts with Strawberry Glaze
Lindsay @ Life, Love and Sugar says
Thanks for helping me celebrate Jen! This cake looks delicious! And your trip sounds like a blast! We rented mopeds to ride around cozumel once – such a fun way to explore.
Mopeds are way too much fun! Congrats on two years, Lindsay!! Thanks for letting me be a part of it!
Christine at Cook the Story says
All banana desserts are right up my alley. This looks delicious!
Delicious and classic cake. Blessings, Catherine
Erin @ Simple, Sweet & Savory says
Banana bread cake?? I’m so having cake for breakfast. This looks amazing!
Thanks Erin!! You’re so sweet!
Andi @ The Weary Chef says
What the heck are you doing working from Hawaii!! (I would probably be doing the same thing…) I’m so happy you are having a fun time. Congrats to Lindsay! That’s such an exciting milestone.
This cake looks awesome, Jen! Pinning 🙂
Banana bread pound cake! It looks really good!
Carol at Wild Goose Tea says
Yay I can’t wait to get my new mixer. Yay! I might be just a wee bit premature here with the Yays!
Ha. I do like the bread/cake however. I can safely go Yay for that.
This bread cake is definitely a YAY!! I hope you win, Carol!! Thanks for entering (and commenting!) xo!
Banana bread Cake sounds excellent–I would LOVE this! Thanks for sharing. 🙂
Thanks so much, Shannon!!!
Can’t wait to make the fluff cake.Thanks.