Banana Chocolate Chip Mini Muffins – a great breakfast to start your day or the perfect snack/dessert to satisfy your sweet tooth! (only 4 main ingredients!)
Happy (early) Mother’s Day to all you mom’s out there!
Do you have any Mother’s Day traditions? Any plans this year? We really don’t do anything particularly exciting. Usually go to church and then hang out for the rest of the day. If I’m lucky, my husband makes me his specialty – french crepes for breakfast. 😉 Or maybe breakfast for dinner?
I’m a huge breakfast fan. I could eat breakfast for every meal. Denny’s or IHOP? My favorite restaurants. You just can’t go wrong with a plate of pancakes. Or french toast. Or muffins.
Definitely muffins. Mini muffins. Banana Chocolate Chip Mini Muffins. Oh, yeah.
They’re the perfect size to grab one or two and throw them in your mouth. These particular mini muffins are so easy to make – only 4 ingredients, without the chocolate topping. It doesn’t get quicker or more delicious!
We’d have breakfast for dinner at least once a month when I was growing up. Maybe more.
It’s funny what you remember when you get older. I have fond memories of breakfast for dinner and my mom’s muffins. My mom is the coolest lady and I’m so glad I was able to learn so many things from her. Happy Mother’s Day mom! And to all you mom’s out there – Happy Mom’s Day! I hope you get banana chocolate chip mini muffins to celebrate your day! <3
- 1 14-oz package banana quick bread and muffin mix
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips divided
- 1 tsp. coconut oil or canola oil
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Spray a mini muffin tin with cooking spray or fill with muffin liners.
- In a large bowl, combine the muffin mix, water, yogurt, egg and 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips.
- Fill each muffin 3/4 of the way full and bake for 12-15 minutes, until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Take muffins out of tin and allow to cool.
- If you want chocolate topping: In a small bowl, microwave the other 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips and coconut oil until melted and smooth when stirred. Top each muffin with chocolate.
- Eat and enjoy!
Jasline (Foodie Baker) says
I love quick and easy muffins, especially mini ones! I always pop them into my mouth until I can’t remember how many I’ve popped in hehe. These looks cute and delicious!
What is the serving size? these look so good!
Hi Tracy! The recipe makes about 3 1/2 dozen…for me a serving size is 12 (lol!) but it’s probably more like 3-4 since they’re so small. I hope you try them, they’re delicious!