Beef Penne Pasta Bake:
Print Recipe HERE
- 1 (16-oz) box penne pasta – cooked & drained (I used Dreamfields Healthy Carb Pasta)
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 green bell pepper
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 2 cups water
- 2 (6-oz) cans Italian-style tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp. instant beef bouillon
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 cups shredded low-fat Monterey Jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Begin boiling water for pasta and cook using package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor, blend up the onion, garlic and peppers.
- Cook ground beef and pureed vegetables in a large saucepan until beef is no longer pink. Add 2 cups of water and cans of tomato paste. Stir until combined.
- Dissolve the bouillon into the 1/3 cup water and add to the beef mixture. Cook for 10-15 minutes until all flavors are blended and thickened.
- In a 9×13 pan, layer half of the pasta, half of the sauce and half of the cheese, seasoning with salt and pepper as you go. Repeat layers, ending in cheese and cover pan with tin foil. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until heated through and cheese is bubbly on top. Dish up and enjoy!!