This is seriously the best chocolate bundt cake I’ve ever had! My sister Nicole makes it every year at Christmas in a wreath bundt pan and puts a single almond somewhere in the cake batter before putting in the oven. The person who gets the almond in their piece gets an awesome mystery gift that is wrapped and placed in the middle of the dinner table.
Such a fun family tradition… HOWEVER, I can’t just have this cake once a year!! My family LOVES this cake so I make it about once a month! For reals guys, this is the BEST! If asked what my favorite dessert is, this cake is my answer! 🙂
Sooo good with a couple scoops of vanilla ice cream…yummmm! And you won’t believe how easy it is! You probably have all the ingredients in your cupboard to make it right now!
- 2 c. sugar
- ½ c. cocoa
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 c. flour
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 c. oil
- 1 c. buttermilk (if you don't have buttermilk on hand, use 1 c. milk + 1 Tbsp. lemon juice OR vinegar and let stand for 5 minutes)
- 2 eggs
- 1 c. hot water
- 1 c. sugar (granulated, not powdered)
- ¼ c. cocoa
- ¼ c. milk
- ½ c. margarine
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Combine cocoa, sugar, salt, flour, and soda (I just use my Kitchen-Aid mixer). Add the oil, buttermilk, and eggs. Mix well, then add the water. Put in a greased and floured bundt pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes. Remove cake from pan while warm, not hot.
- FOR ICING: Boil the sugar, cocoa, milk, and margarine in a saucepan on the stove for 1 to 2 minutes. Add the vanilla. Stir until cool or thick enough to stick on cake. Put on quickly or it will get too thick.