This is one of those classic dishes that pairs salty and sweet ingredients to make one of the most delicious things around! It has a crushed pretzel crust with a middle layer of cream cheese and Cool Whip and a topping of Jello, pineapple and raspberries. Seriously dessert-like and amazing.
- 2 cups crushed pretzels (I use my food processor)
- 3 Tbsp. sugar
- 3/4 cup melted butter
- 1 (6-oz) pkg. rasperry jello (I use sugar-free)
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 pkg. frozen raspberries
- 1 (6-oz) can crushed pineapple
- 1 (8-oz) carton Cool Whip (I use Lite)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 (8-oz) pkg. cream cheese, softened (I use the low-fat kind)
Mix together crushed pretzels, 3 Tbsp. sugar and butter. Spread into 9×13 pan. Bake at 400 degrees for 7 minutes. Let stand until cool. Mix Jello with boiling water; add pineapple and juice and frozen raspberries. Chill until soft set. Mix together softened cream cheese, sugar and Cool Whip. Spread cream cheese mixture over cooled pretzel crust. Pour Jello and mix over top and spread evenly. Chill until firm. ENJOY!!
Leave a Reply