A simple brownie recipe made entirely in the food processor and using a whole can of black beans…who would have thought the result would be fudgey and delicious?! If you’re watching your calories, you’re going to love these Black Bean Brownies!
If I was on my death bed and I could only choose one dessert before my final breath, I would choose a fudgey, rich, chocolatey brownie. They are my fave. I am a huge chocolate fan and brownies just hit the spot for me.
So what if I told you that you could make a pan of brownies using a can of black beans and a few other ingredients? Would you believe me? Well, you best be believing. I was skeptical, too. I mean, beans? Really? These brownies use an entire can of black beans and are completely free of flour! The result is a densely rich, chocolate fudgey, lower calorie, higher fiber & higher protein brownie! Seriously these are pretty dang good. If you’re watching your calories, give these a try for a treat. Let me know what you think!
Black Bean Brownies (Gluten Free)
- 1 15-oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips + some for the top
- 3 Tbsp. canola oil
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 350º. In a food processor, combine the beans, chocolate chips and oil. Blend until combined. Add the eggs, brown sugar, cocoa, vanilla, baking powder and salt; cover and process until smooth.
- Transfer to a 9x9 square baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Sprinkle with extra chocolate chips, if desired and cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars and enjoy!
- *recipe slightly adapted from
- Taste of Home