Moist & fluffy Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins filled with, you guessed it – oats and blueberries! Healthy, easy and delicious breakfast or snack!My three year old is THE MOST friendliest kid EVER. Sometimes it’s cute and other times it freaks me out.
There’s no stranger danger. Not even one little bit. He walks up to random people at Target and says, “Hi I’m Brock! What’s your name?” Or if you’re a lucky stranger, he might even compliment you, “I like your shirt!” Not. Even. Kidding.
So we had a clog in our downstairs drain and had to have a plumber over to snake it out yesterday. The plumber ends up being 20 years old and full of tattoos. My little dude doesn’t care and immediately tells him his name and asks his. The guy is a little perplexed that a tiny kid is asking his info and reluctantly gives it to him.
As the plumber is trying to fix he clog, there’s my three year old, right by his side, asking about the tools he’s using or WHY he’s using it. And is he going to fix it? And what’s he doing now? I mean, seriously. I had to keep pulling him away from the guy.
When he’s finally finished and the drain has been unclogged, what does Brock do? HUGS the plumber! (palm to forehead.)
Have I taught this kid NOTHING?!! Where’s the stranger danger or the sense of fear? I could have died of embarrassment! And it’s not like he’s interested in being a plumber or something, he does this to any and everyone that comes over to our house! Even though I might not have taught my kids the value of stranger danger, at least I taught them the value of eating a healthy breakfast! 😉
My oldest son had his friend over when I made these muffins and they each ate like three. I love this recipe. It’s so easy but it’s healthy too. I’m a huge oatmeal fan and these hit the spot. The oats and buttermilk make the muffins soft and moist. And who doesn’t love blueberries in their muffins? These will be your new favorite breakfast treat!
Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 cup blueberries fresh or frozen
- Heat oven to 400º F. Coat a muffin tin with cooking spray or line with paper liners.
- In a small bowl, combine buttermilk and oats. Let soak for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium mixing bowl.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the egg with a fork. Add brown sugar, milk & oat mixture and melted coconut oil to the egg.
- Gently fold flour mixture into the wet ingredients until just combined. Don't over mix! Fold in blueberries.
- Fill muffin tins 2/3 full. Bake for 18-20 minutes.