A new spin on ramen noodles – Chicken Thai Noodle Bowls! Ramen noodles and stir-fry veggies tossed in a quick & easy peanut sauce and topped with chopped peanuts and green onions. Bye bye boring ramen, hello easy dinner!
Did you ever have ramen noodle days? Meaning, the days (weeks, months, years) when you were broke as a joke and survived mainly on ramen noodles?
I married my husband when we were both in college and then he went onto law school, and we had a couple of kids by then. Making it many years of us being poor students. We had our fair share of ramen noodles for dinner!
At least once a week, my two little guys request ramen noodles for lunch or dinner. When I make it for them, I always sneak some bites in. Nostalgia or not, those noodles are yummy! 😉
I just love the Thai flavors! Peanut sauces are one of my favorites. I love how quick and easy the peanut sauce is on these noodles. From start to finish, this dish probably takes 20 minutes or less to throw together. This would make a quick lunch too. The flavors are so delicious, you will love this new spin on ramen noodles!
And what’s up with me being obsessed with chicken dinners in a bowl? Like the recipe I shared on I Heart Nap Time in January for Baked Teriyaki Chicken Bowls….and then Crock Pot Chicken Taco Bowls…and now these Chicken Thai Noodle Bowls?! It’s crazy. But I love it!
- 2 3-oz packages Oriental flavored ramen noodles
- 3 cups stir-fry vegetables I bought a pre-packaged bag
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup lite soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. light brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 8-oz can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 8-oz can bamboo shoots, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts for topping
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions for topping
- In a large saucepan, bring 2 quarts of water to a boil. Slightly break up noodles from both ramen packages (throw away one of the seasoning packets and keep one to use later) and add to water, along with vegetables. Return to boiling and reduce heat a bit. Boil gently, uncovered for 3 minutes (don't overcook!). Drain and return to saucepan.
- Meanwhile, make your sauce by whisking together water, peanut butter, soy sauce, brown sugar, cornstarch, crushed red pepper and 1 seasoning packet from the ramen. Whisk until smooth.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes more.
- Add chicken, water chestnuts and bamboo shoots to sauce. Heat through. Add to noodle and vegetable mixture in saucepan. Toss to combine.
- Place in bowls and top with chopped peanuts and sliced green onions. Serve immediately and enjoy!