Delicious and super EASY breadsticks made with Pillsbury Grands! biscuits and a warm bacon cheese dip to dunk them in – does it get any better than that?!!If you follow me on Instagram, you know that my weekend was filled with testosterone. We rented a cabin up in Big Bear, California and I was the only female there. 😉 My oldest son brought one of his buddies along, so it was my four boys plus his friend and then my husband. Six boys and then myself.
I was horrified it would end up being some Lord of the Flies thing with all that crazy boy energy, but it was actually great!
The cabin we rented was absolutely beautiful. It had two family room areas downstairs and a loft upstairs, four bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, a gorgeous open kitchen, and a jacuzzi. What more could you ask for?! It was just perfect.
The boys played with their bows and arrows and slingshot and we took them fishing a few times on Big Bear Lake. The weather was a tad bit chilly, but not too bad. Big Bear is absolutely beautiful. I’m a city girl but I would kill to have a cabin there.
Being a mom to boys is so fun. It cracks me up to hear what they talk about when they think I’m not listening. They’re wild and silly.
For example, my oldest and his friend are 12 years old. This age is hysterical. They think they are so funny! The whole weekend, they kept saying “Zimbabwe” when something was cool. Like, the huge thing of Red Vines licorice I bought, their excited response was “Ohhh, Zimbabwe!!!” It was like their new, cool word.
And the other phrase they kept on repeating was “or not”. Seriously. “Mom, we want KFC. Or not!” My 9 year old totally played into it too. The three of them got along pretty well. They were the 3 Musketeers.
And I tell ya, they can really eat. I bought $300 worth of groceries just for the weekend and I cooked just about every meal. After the three nights we were there, all the food was gone. 🙂
If you’re ever entertaining, boys or girls alike – your guests will love this dip and breadsticks!! The breadsticks are super easy and the dip is warm cheesy goodness with bacon. Everything is better with bacon!!
These easy breadsticks are made with Pillsbury Grands! Buttermilk Biscuits. All you do is cut each biscuit in half and roll out a bit to make it a bit thinner and longer. Then pull them, twist them, bake them. Easy.
The dip is a mixture of cream cheese, sour cream, cheddar cheese, green onions and BACON! I used Hormel Black Label Bacon. It’s amazing. The dip is baked and then served with the breadsticks. It’s so Zimbabwe! 😉 Your house guests will love these breadsticks and dip!
Easy Breadsticks with Warm Bacon Cheese Dip
- 1 8-oz pkg. light cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 lb. bacon cooked and crumbled (I used Hormel Black Label Bacon)
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 1 can Pillsbury Grands! Flaky Layers Buttermilk Biscuits
- Preheat oven 325º F. In a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese until creamy. Add the sour cream, cheddar cheese, and worcestershire sauce.
- Stir in crumbled bacon and green onion. Spoon into a small casserole dish and cover with foil.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 -45 minutes or until dip is heated through and cheese is melted.
- Meanwhile, open your can of Pillsbury Grands! biscuits. Cut each biscuit in half and lightly roll out with a rolling pin or use your hands to flatten out each half.
- Pull the ends in opposite directions and twist to make the dough into twisty breadsticks (see above picture). Place on a lightly sprayed baking sheet. Should make 16 breadsticks.
- When dip is finished, remove from oven and turn heat up to 350º F. Place breadsticks in oven and bake for 13-15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Garnish dip with a little extra bacon pieces and green onion. Serve with fresh from the oven breadsticks. Enjoy!
Want more dips? Check these out: