What’s up with me and casseroles lately?? I shared Broccoli & Quinoa Casserole last week, Potato Casserole the week before that, Skinny Chicken and Broccoli Casserole right before that and then Enchilada Casserole even before that! And now this Breakfast Casserole!!!
I guess I’m learning that as a busy mom, casseroles are a necessity. I love how you can make a casserole ahead of time and throw it in the fridge until you’re ready to bake. I love that a casserole feeds several hungry kids (and a husband) and I love how easy they usually are to make.
Everyone always says breakfast is the most important meal of the day. I’m not a morning person. I need some serious caffeine and time to wake up. My favorite thing to do when I wake up is look at my favorite blogs and see what they’re posting about, while I attempt to wake up.
Which brings me to this awesome giveaway!! One lucky winner will be receiving a Kindle Fire! All you have to do is enter to win by following some of your favorite blogs on Bloglovin’. Then you can make this breakfast casserole and eat a giant slice while reading your favorite blogs in the morning! 😉
Egg & Sausage Breakfast Casserole
- 1/2 lb. pork sausage
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 cup low-fat cottage cheese
- 6 eggs beaten
- 8- oz shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 4-oz can diced green chilies
- Cook sausage in frying pan and drain well. Preheat oven to 350º F. Spray a 2 quart casserole dish with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together flour, salt and baking powder into cottage cheese. Add in eggs and then cheese. Stir in chilies and sausage. Pour into prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Cut into squares and serve. Enjoy!
Enter below to win this Kindle Fire by following these fabulous blogs on Bloglovin – the easiest way to follow your favorite blogs!