I don’t have one single thing for my kids Easter baskets. Not one. I haven’t gone grocery shopping, and have only just started planning my Easter menu! Lame sauce. That’s okay, because that’s what Saturday’s are for, right?!
I swear. Saturday’s are THE busiest day out of the whole week. So many errands to run + two baseball games all squished into one day! But I need to get my Peter Cottontail act together and get some basket goodies or my kids are not going to be very happy tomorrow morning!
But maybe this Easter dinner will be a bit different… I mentioned last Saturday that I’m a part of the Eat Clean Challenge – a group of food bloggers, getting together and sharing new clean-eating recipes for you to try. (There are a bunch of links below of more delicious clean-eating meal ideas!).
Since I’ve been eating clean, I’m happier, I feel better, and I’ve lost a few inches! It’s really not that hard to eat clean. It’s just a matter of cutting out those things that are processed and simplifying your recipes.
So I think I’ll change up Easter dinner this year and add this Broccoli Quinoa Casserole to the menu. It’s creamy and delicious but is low-fat, too!
It has tons of protein from the quinoa, cottage cheese and eggs. Plus servings of veggies from the broccoli. I love casseroles, especially casseroles that are healthy. This healthy casserole would be great to add into your Easter menu or your weekly dinner menu!
Broccoli Quinoa Casserole
- 2 10-oz packages frozen chopped broccoli
- 1 1/2 cups quinoa cooked and cooled (measurement is for quinoa after it is cooked)
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup low-fat cottage cheese
- 3 Tbsp. white whole wheat flour
- salt & pepper to taste
- shredded parmesan for topping
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Spray a 2-quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Heat broccoli according to package instructions.
- While broccoli is cooking, beat eggs and add in cooked quinoa, cottage cheese and flour. Season with salt and pepper.
- When broccoli is finished cooking, drain it well and fold it into quinoa mixture. Scoop mixture into prepared casserole dish.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30-35 minutes. Sprinkle some parmesan on top during the last 5 minutes of baking.
Want more clean eating recipes? Check out these recipes from my friends:
- Almond Milk – Rick•a•bam•boo
- Chocolate Almond and Cherry Amaranth Cookies – Clarks Condensed
- Chicken Avocado Sandwich – Life as Mrs Larson
- Light and Easy Fish Tacos – Keep it Simple, Sweetie
- Blackberry Ginger Chocolate Chip Muffins – Cooking with Curls
- Deep Dish Breakfast Fritatta – Bite of Delight
- Asian Marinated Pork Chops – Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Deconstructed Fresh Spring Roll Bowl – Je suis alimentageuse
- Broccoli Quinoa Casserole – Yummy Healthy Easy
- Roasted Asparagus Skinny Guacamole – Everyday Southwest
- Raw Vegan Fudgy Bars (Gluten-Free, V) – Wallflour Girl (Ala)
- Grilled Cedar Plank Salmon – Delightful E Made
- Pineapple Raspberry Green Smoothie – Project Domestication
- Caramelized Banana Pecan Paleo Ice Cream Recipe – My Natural Family
- Garlic and Rosemary Mashed Cauliflower – My Daylights