Bacon wrapped chicken rolled in brown sugar and baked! I have no words for how delicious and flavorful these little bites of seasoned chicken are! Tender, scrumptious and oh so easy to make! (Thanks to Truvia for sponsoring this post!)
TGIF! I’m super excited today because I’m headed out to a girls trip in Palm Springs with some of my girlfriends! I get to leave my crazy weekends of baseball and practices behind and enjoy the pool for a few days.
I know, I know. I was just in Palm Springs. Let’s just say that vacation was hardly classified as a vacation. I chased after my kids and had to swim with them the whole time in order to watch them closely in the water. It was pretty exhausting. I’m looking forward to spending some time chatting with the girls and enjoying the sun.
Another reason I’m excited, is because I get to talk to you about something amazing that Truvia has been a part of. Truvia’s Sharing a Sweet Future charitable initiative has partnered with the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) to combat childhood hunger in Bolivia.
With nearly 40 percent of the Bolivian population unable to afford adequate food for a healthy life and 65 percent of all rural households unable to afford the minimum recommended caloric intake, the Truvia® brand launched its “Sharing a Sweet Future” initiative to help improve these communities.
As a result of this partnership, nearly $1 million in contributions from the Truvia® brand have been used to help reduce childhood hunger in Bolivia, a region of critical need with one of the highest rates of nutritional deficiencies in South America.
With its “Sharing a Sweet Future” program, the Truvia® brand set a goal to help establish self-sufficient communities, by equipping Bolivians with better means to achieve nutrition. They have graciously provided vegetable oil fortified with the highest level of Vitamin A nutrients and micronutrient powders in school meal baskets, to help children combat nutritional deficiencies. They’ve also purchased and installed energy-efficient, cleaner-burning cookstoves for Bolivian schools to use for safely cooking nutritious meals
Through its 3-year partnership with the United Nations World Food Programme, the Truvia® brand has:
- Improved school meals for over 67,000 Bolivian schoolchildren
- Installed 258 energy efficient stoves
- Supplied 130 metric tons of fortified vegetable oil to cook 2 school meals per day.
I don’t know about you, but this sounds pretty amazing to me. I’m really happy to be working with such a wonderful brand. I truly love Truvia and all of its products and I love this “Sharing a Sweet Future” program.
Speaking of Truvia, I’m pretty proud of the fact that I’ve started to branch out more and use the Truvia Brown Sugar Blend in more savory dishes, like this bacon wrapped chicken!
My boys gobbled these up. Seriously, I had to make two batches because they loved them so much. It’s no surprise though, because they’re absolutely delicious! It’s an easy recipe with just a few ingredients. Be ready to get your hands messy!
First you mix the spices up. Then you roll your bacon wrapped chicken pieces in it. Next, secure a piece of bacon around the chicken using a toothpick. Now you roll that bacon wrapped goodness in the Truvia Brown Sugar Blend until well covered. Place on a baking pan (I used a broiling pan so the fat would drip to the bottom of the dish and the bacon would get crispy). Bake and enjoy!
These really are so tender and delicious. You can’t go wrong with bacon, am I right? If you’re looking for an easy dinner, this brown sugar bacon wrapped chicken is for you! And the fact that you’re using Truvia Brown Sugar Blend instead of regular brown sugar, means you’re saving calories too!
- 2 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 2/3 cup Truvia Brown Sugar Blend or and 1 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless chicken breasts cut into tenders
- bacon with pieces cut in half
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Generously spray a broiling pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a bowl, mix together the chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- In another bowl, pour in Truvia Brown Sugar (or brown sugar).
- Roll chicken pieces in chili powder mixture.
- Next, secure a piece of bacon around the chicken using a toothpick.
- Now roll in the brown sugar until well covered.
- Place on the prepared baking pan. Bake for about 30 minutes or until cooked through.
- If you like bacon crispier, place under broiler for a few minutes until bacon is brown and crispy. Enjoy!
Looking for more chicken dinners? Try these recipes too:
(Thanks to Truvia for sponsoring this post!)