The cutest little Candy Corn Rice Krispie Treats make a fun Halloween snack and/or treat!
Well, this is my first Halloween post of the year. It’s not even October yet, but I’m already stoked for the holiday!
I bought my two younger boys’ Halloween costumes today, too. I doubt the costumes will last more than two weeks, though! My boys are known to wear costumes for days at a time. Eating, playing and even sleeping in them. That’s totally normal, right?!
I wouldn’t say Halloween is my very favorite holiday, but it’s probably one of the most fun. I especially love the candy. Nothing better than raiding your kids’ candy buckets after the big day. 😉
I also really enjoy making treats with my kids. Halloween treats are the best. We like to make some for the neighbors and the boys’ teachers – these little candy corn rice krispie treats are just about the cutest treats there are!
They’re easy and fun to make. My boys love sitting on the counter and stirring in the rice krispies for me. But mostly, they like eating them.
I don’t know one person that doesn’t love rice krispie treats and these ones are just too cute to pass up! Happy early Halloween! 🙂
- 9 Tbsp. unsalted butter divided
- 12 cups miniature marshmallows divided
- 9 cups Rice Krispies cereal divided
- yellow food coloring
- orange food coloring
- Lightly coat a 9x5" loaf pan with cooking spray. In a large saucepan, melt 3 Tbsp. butter over medium heat. Add in 4 cups marshmallows. Stir until combined. Pull pan off heat and mix in rice krispies until throughly covered with melted marshamllows. Immediately transfer to prepared pan and press firmly (I used a small spatula) to get an even layer on the bottom.
- Rinse saucepan and repeat the first step: melt 3 Tbsp. butter, add in 4 cups marshmallows. Stir in orange food coloring and then rice krispies treats. When combined thoroughly, pour into pan over the first layer of cereal treats. Pat in firmly using buttered fingers or a small spatula.
- Repeat the step one more time, melting the butter, adding in marshmallows and this time yellow food coloring. Stir in rice krispies and then pour and pat into the pan.
- Let set for 2 hours, or until completely set. Run a knife around the outside of the pan and invert the loaf onto a cutting board. With a serrated knife, cut into 10 slices and then cut each slice in half crosswise.
- Gently mold each square into a candy corn shape. Serve & enjoy!
Chelsea @chelseasmessyapron says
Jen these are so stinkin cute!! I love them! And you set them up way cute in all your photos 🙂 What a perfect and fun Halloween treat! Pinned 🙂
Thanks so much, Chelsea!! You rock!
Andi - The Weary Chef says
These ARE the cutest, Jen! Love them!
Thanks Andi!! I heart you! 🙂
Carol at Wild Goose TEa says
You hit the mother lode here. Toooooo cute. Perfect for this time of year. Rice Krispie treats never seem to go out of taste style.
Thanks Carol!! You’re so sweet!
Jen, these are beyond adorable! I’m always in awe of people that can actually shape their rice krispie treats perfectly like this — they’re so sticky I can never manage. Clearly I need practice! Pinning. 🙂
Haha, thanks Marcie!! I ended up spraying my hands with cooking spray and it was much easier to mold the rice krispies treats. Thanks for the pin, friend!!
I’ll be headed to the store to buy an Elsa costume! I’m sure that won’t last until Halloween either! These are too cute Jen! THESE wouldn’t last very long in our house either!
I love these!! I have them bookmarked for next year to make with my niece and nephew.
They’re so fun! Thanks Holly!