Healthy Crock Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup
- 4 uncooked boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 15 oz can crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 10 oz can red enchilada sauce
- 1 15 oz can black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 4 oz can chopped green chile peppers
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 package frozen corn about 14 oz
- 2 14.5 ounce cans chicken broth
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- corn tortillas
- cooking spray
- Place chicken, tomatoes, enchilada sauce, black beans, onion, green chiles, corn and garlic into your crock pot. Pour in chicken broth, and season with cumin, chili powder, salt, pepper, and bay leaf. Cover, and cook on Low setting for 6 to 8 hours or on High setting for 3 to 4 hours.
- When fully cooked, pull chicken out and shred. Place back inside crock pot.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly spray both sides of tortillas with cooking spray. Cut tortillas into strips using a pizza cutter, then spread on a baking sheet. Sprinkle some Lawry's seasoning salt or just plain salt and pepper if desired.
- Bake in preheated oven until crisp, about 10 to 15 minutes. To serve soup, top with cheese, avocado, green onions or any other add-in you like and then sprinkle tortilla strips on top. ENJOY!!