Creamy Avocado Coconut Popsicles – every bite is a tropical getaway! Who would have thought that avocado in a popsicle would be so delicious? You get a little coconut, lime and avocado in every bite of these popsicles! (Thanks to California Avocado Commission for sponsoring this post!)
Today I got a catalog in the mail for fall/autumn decorations. I threw it right in the trash. I couldn’t even look at it. This summer is flying by and I don’t think I’m ready for it to be over!!
My mom works at an elementary school in Arizona and their school starts in a few weeks. We have about a month and a half until ours starts. On one hand, I’m excited to have all of my kids in school this year. (The most exciting is that I won’t have to pay for my youngest’s uber expensive preschool anymore, yay!) But on the other hand, that means back to the rigorous schedules of fall sports, homework, carpools, etc.
Also, popsicles will be no more. Well, I guess that’s not really all the way true. Popsicles never really go away for good, right?! I guess the weather gets cold and we start talking about hot cocoa instead of popsicles.
I’m not ready for that yet.
So here I am, sharing one of the world’s best homemade popsicle recipes to ever be made. Trust me, I had to try several times to get it just right! 😉 Luckily the California Avocado Commission sent me a box of amazing avocados so I could experiment with the recipe!
Would you ever think that California Avocados would be great in a popsicle? I never would have thought so. Although, I’m not sure why not since I added avocado into chocolate ice cream last month! I first tried this recipe using canned coconut milk and the result was less coconut and lots of avocado flavor. Not necessarily bad but just not a balanced flavor.
When I used refrigerated coconut milk, the kind in the dairy/milk section, it was SO much creamier and coconutty! (Is that a word?) I cheated a bit and used one of my favorite popsicle recipes on my site and added blended avocado/lime juice to the mix. It seriously made the most delicious avocado coconut popsicle.
Even my SUPER picky six year old asked for seconds! And my five year old won’t stop asking me for them. Every bite is a tropical getaway for your mouth. Avocado, Lime, Coconut flavor in every bite of these creamy avocado coconut popsicles!
Creamy Avocado Coconut Popsicles
- 3 cups refrigerated coconutmilk such as Silk (find it next to the milk in the dairy section)
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar or other preferred sweetener
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 & 1/2 avocado peeled and pitted
- 1/2 tsp. fresh lime juice
- In a medium saucepan, off heat, mix together sugar, salt and cornstarch. Gradually whisk in coconutmilk, mixing until ingredients are dissolved. Whisk in egg yolks.
- Cook over medium heat, whisking constantly until you see it barely begin to bubble. Reduce heat to low and continue to whisk and cook for 1 minute, until thickened a little. Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla.
- In a food processor or blender, puree the avocado and lime juice together. Pour the coconut mixture into processor or blender and puree until completely combined and smooth. Taste and add sweetener if needed.
- Divide mixture among popsicle molds. Chill in refrigerator for one hour and then insert the popsicle sticks, then place in freezer for at least 4 hours, until frozen solid.
- Run mold under warm water to release pudding pops, then enjoy!! (makes about 8-10 popsicles)