These Crispy Baked Breaded Pork Chops are crunchy on the outside and tender on the inside! Only 4 ingredients to make and dinner is served in under 30 minutes. Your family will love this easy dinner recipe any night of the week!
Can you believe that this is my FIRST pork chop recipe on YHE ever?! I don’t know why I’ve waited so long to post this! When I was a little kid, I remember my mom asking what I wanted for dinner on special occasions like my Birthday. I remember one time I told her I wanted “lamb chops” for dinner. She gave me a confused look and tried to figure out what I really meant because obviously she had never made us lamb chops before.
What I really meant was pork chops! We had a griddle type grill next to our stove top where she would cook pork chops and I loved them! Now as an adult, I know better that they’re not lamb chops, haha! But I still like pork chops. I do have to say that I’m pretty picky about how they’re cooked though. My tastes have definitely changed as I’ve gotten older and experimented with all sorts of recipes.
These Baked Breaded Pork Chops are one of my favorite ways to cook pork chops because they have so much flavor and are super easy to make. There are a few things you have to do to prepare the pork chops but I promise that this adds so much flavor! First you need to toast the panko crumbs. This adds such a depth of flavor that normal un-toasted bread crumbs just don’t have.
You also need to pound out the chops. I personally have a love/hate relationship about pounding meat. I love getting my aggression out on the meat but hate the hassle of doing it. The best way I’ve found is to put the chops in a large resealable baggie and pound it out. It’s reusable and doesn’t make the mess that plastic wrap does. Dredging the chops in Dijon is also another great component to this recipe. Dijon and pork chops just go together so well!
The baking process is super quick with these Baked Breaded Pork Chops which is perfect! I love serving this with a side of broccoli or brussels sprouts and couscous. If you have leftovers, these are great to make Pork Fried Rice with the next day!
Crispy Baked Breaded Pork Chops
- 1 1/2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 4 boneless pork loin chops
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 3 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 425º F. Toss panko with oil on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake, stirring occasionally, until golden brown, 7-10 minutes. Watch closely as it will burn! Transfer to plate and turn oven down to 400ºF.
- Place pork chops in a large resealable baggie and pound down one at a time with a mallet or bottom of a heavy pan to make chops about 1/4 inch thick.
- Once pounded out, season each chop with salt and pepper. Then coat in mustard and dip in browned panko crumbs, pressing firmly to adhere.
- Place each coated pork chop on a broiling rack (or something similar) and bake in preheated oven for 10-15 minutes, until opaque throughout. Serve and enjoy!