California weather is super finnicky. Last weekend, I was freezing. Heat on, bundled up in sweaters and fuzzy socks with a warm cup of hot chocolate in my hand.
Today? Hot as can be. Shorts. Windows open, fans on. Um, it’s November? Right?! What the heck Los Angeles?! Make up your frickin’ mind!
If I had my way, it would be cooler and more fall-like. I like the fuzzy socks and especially the mug of hot chocolate.
I’m one of those people that buys the boxes of pre-measured packets of hot cocoa mix and adds the hot water to them. I never really knew there was any other way to make it.
Well, there is another way! Did you know you can make hot chocolate right in the crock pot? It’s so much easier this way because:
- you can make a whole bunch of it.
- you can keep it warm for hours while your guests drink up.
- you don’t need to worry about it! Once it’s in the crock pot, your work is done. Yay!
Obviously, I had a little help with my hot chocolate photo shoot. Ha! This 10-year old was obsessed with it and probably drank the most out of anyone. Gotta love those freckles, though!
This Crock Pot Hot Chocolate was crazy delicious and so simple to make. Perfect for fall/winter get togethers or for a cold Sunday afternoon. 🙂
Crock Pot Hot Chocolate
- 10 cups milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup cocoa OR hot chocolate mix
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 cups hot water
- whipped cream
- Mix together sugar, cocoa, and salt in saucepan. Add hot water. Stir and boil for about 3 minutes, until sugar is dissolved. Pour into crock pot. Add milk. Turn on LOW and cook for 3 hours.
- Serve in mugs with marshmallows and/or whipped cream. Enjoy!