I kinda feel bad for sharing a not healthy recipe, but this cake is just so dang good…so I kinda don’t?! I guess you could say I had a chocolate meltdown this week. I had a couple days in a row where I was super stressed out. My boys had one activity after another and I was in the car literally all day long. Plus they had school testing and projects due. Lots of blogging commitments and deadlines, yada yada. You know. I just needed a serious chocolate break. Do you ever feel like that? Like you just wanna sit on your comfy couch, in your comfy pajamas and eat a yummy, moist piece of chocolate cake?!? Please tell me I’m not alone in this!!
Double Chocolate Snack Cake:
Double Chocolate Snack Cake
- 2-2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1-1/2 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Combine flour, baking soda, salt, sugar and cocoa powder in ungreased 9x13 baking pan.
- In a medium bowl combine the water, eggs. oil and vanilla. Beat with a fork to blend.
- Pour liquid mixture into cocoa mixture in the pan and stir until smooth. Sprinkle chocolate chip and nuts evenly over top of batter. Bake for 40 minutes. Let cool, slice and enjoy!!