Need a fun treat to make for an Easter get together? Make these darling Easter Nest Sugar Cookie Cups! Sugar cookie dough cooked in a muffin tin, filled with vanilla frosting, topped with green tinted coconut and M&M eggs – so cute and great for spring! (Thanks to Truvia for sponsoring this post)
What are your Easter plans this year? I can’t believe how soon it crept up. I feel like it was just Christmas!
I spent this last weekend in Arizona at a conference (you’ll be hearing more about it, whether you like it or not, haha!) and drove home Sunday. And now guess what? I’m driving back with my husband and boys on Thursday. Yay, another 12 hours in the car. 😉
It’s really not a bad drive from California to Arizona. For some reason the last two hours seem to drag on for forever though, but I think that’s normal, ha!
So you know how I have two 4-year olds right now? The older of the two will turn 5 on April Fool’s Day! This is so bad but I have nothing planned for him. At all. I swear, the more kids I have, the worse I am about taking pictures, birthdays, the tooth fairy…
Yeah, especially the tooth fairy…
I’m thinking it would be perfectly acceptable to make some cute Easter sugar cookie cups and maybe stick a candle in one to have him blow out instead of making him a cake. What do you think??
Haha! I’m only kidding! (sorta) 😉
Ahem, but really – these sugar cookie cups are so stinkin’ cute. I love brightly colored desserts. It screams spring to me. The green coconut “grass” is just too fun. And who doesn’t love a sugar cookie and buttercream frosting?
Whatever you call these, they are a great way to celebrate spring and Easter. Oh, and could also be used instead of a Birthday cake, too! 😉
Easter Nest Sugar Cookie Cups
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp. Truvia Baking Blend or 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 3 Tbsp. milk
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup butter softened
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- green food coloring
- Egg shaped candies
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Coat muffin tin with cooking spray and set aside.
- Cream together butter and Truvia. Add egg and vanilla and mix.
- Combine remaining dry ingredients and add to wet mixture. Mix and then add the milk and combine.
- Scoop about 2 Tbsp. cookie dough and roll together in a ball. Press into muffin cup, spreading dough evenly on the bottom and 3/4 of the way up the sides. Repeat with remaining muffin cups & dough.
- Bake in preheated oven for 8-10 minutes, or until golden brown.
- In a plastic ziploc bag, combine coconut with a few drops of food coloring, seal and toss around until coconut is colored green.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, blend together powdered sugar, milk, vanilla and butter until smooth.
- When cookie cups are cooled, run a knife along the side of them and carefully extract from muffin tin. Fill each cup with a small spoonful of frosting. Sprinkle some green tinted coconut on top of frosting and wedge 2 or 3 M&M candies into coconut. Repeat with remaining sugar cookie cups. Serve and enjoy!