My kids LOVE vegetables!
Said no mom, ever.
Unless you’re a lucky one – those rare moms that have kids that eat tomatoes like apples and such. My boys have never been like that. BUT they’ve slowly and surely started to eat more and actully, dare I say, enjoy veggies.
My trick? Starting out small. Incorporating vegetables into foods my kids like until they develop a taste for them. When they do, I keep introducing new veggies to their diet. I’m always surprised to see how quickly kids learn to like new foods!
One of my favorite frozen vegetables is by Birds Eye. Their vegetables are always great quality, taste delicious and are affordable. This year, Birds Eye has partnered with Melissa d’Arabian, celebrity chef, mom of four, and host of FoodNetwork.com’s web series The Picky Eaters Project, to make a difference and help moms with the dinnertime dilemma.
Check out one of Melissa’s videos showing a great new recipe and tips on how to incorporate more veggies into your kids’ diets:
We all know it can be tough to get a balanced meal on the table every day. Birds Eye frozen vegetables helps mom by providing nutritious, tasty veggies that kids will love. Together, Birds Eye and Melissa are combining their expertise in getting children to eat more veggies, one bite at a time.
Birds Eye provides moms with more than 40 unique vegetable blends year round at affordable prices, which makes our jobs as parents that much easier!
I have a recipe box full of yummy dinner ideas that kids love while adding in veggies to
trick get them to eat better. There’s these Roasted Vegetable & Black Bean Tacos, this One-Pot Turkey Taco Skillet, or these Chicken Black Bean & Quinoa Enchiladas, to name just a few!
But one of my boys’ favorite dinners is chicken pot pie. Who doesn’t like chicken pot pie? And what a great meal to sneak more veggies into. It’s comfort food at its finest but it also has a full 1 1/2 cups of Birds Eye frozen mixed vegetables mixed in the creamy bottom layer!
This is my new favorite way to sneak those veggies in – and my kids’ LOVE it! Plus there’s no cream of anything soup inside, making this even healthier!
Easy Chicken Pot Pie RecipePrint Pin Rate
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cup frozen Bird's Eye Classic Mixed Vegetables thawed
- 1 cup cooked shredded chicken
- 1 cup reduced-fat Bisquick or other baking mix
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 400º F. Spray a 2 quart casserole dish and set aside.
- In a saucepan, mix and bring to a low boil the chicken broth and 1/4 cup milk.
- Whisk together 1/2 cup milk, 1/3 cup flour and dried thyme in a small bowl and whisk into broth/milk mixture over low heat until simmers and thickens. Add S&P to taste.
- Stir in Bird's Eye vegetables and chicken. Pour into prepared casserole dish. Smooth to get an even layer.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together baking mix, milk and egg. When smooth, pour over creamy vegetable mixture and smooth to get an even layer on top. Place in preheated oven for 30 minutes or until heated through and golden brown on top.
- Serve and enjoy!
Looking for more easy dinner ideas? Check these recipes out too:
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.