Yes. I know it’s June and officially summertime. So why am I making beef stew?! Well, for one thing, this recipe is soooooo delicious. For another, it’s the perfect Father’s Day meal! I mean, what Dad doesn’t love meat and potatoes?! And the best part is that you throw everything in the crock pot and then 5 – 6 hours later, viola! A Sunday Father’s Day meal that’s yummy, healthy and EASY!!!
Easy Crock Pot Beef Stew: (recipe from my sister, Holly)
- 2 cups sliced carrots (or if you’re lazy like me, a bag of mini, peeled carrots)
- 2 lbs. beef stew meat
- 4 stalks celery, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 4 – 5 potatoes, chopped into chunks
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 can tomato soup
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 dashes soy sauce
1) Throw all your chopped veggies into your slow cooker and add your meat chunks.
2) Mix together your soups and sour cream and add to the slow cooker, stirring to coat all the meat and vegetables.
3) Stir in your salt, pepper, bay leaf and dashes of soy sauce.
4) Cook on LOW for 5-6 hours.
5) Spoon into bowls and ENJOY!!