These Easy Pesto Pita Bread Pizzas use pita bread as the crusts and are spread with pesto and topped with veggies. Delicious and healthy lunch, dinner or snack!It’s Mystery Dish time again!! I love this challenge so much. When I was first asked to join, I had to think long and hard about it. I was worried I wouldn’t be able to come up with any recipes and that I would struggle through.
Now after several months of doing the challenge, I am loving it! It’s so fun to get a list of ingredients and try to come up with a recipe. Also, I love seeing what my fellow Mystery Dish members made. They are all so creative!
This month’s ingredients were chosen by Christine from I Dig Pinterest:
- Fresh Mushrooms
- Cream Cheese
- Butterscotch Chips
- Macadamia Nuts
- Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce
- Ritz Crackers
So I know pita bread pizzas aren’t exactly a new, creative spin on pizza, but they are for me!
I’ve been buying pita bread lately and using them for sandwiches instead of using bread. I had a bag that had been in the cupboard for a few days and were getting a little less than fresh. That’s when the idea was born in my head to bake them.
I love pesto so much. I make it from scratch all the time. The flavor combo is my very favorite!
So spread the pita with pesto and layer first with spinach leaves, then sliced mushrooms, tomatoes, and feta. Sprinkle some mozzarella over the top and bake for 20 minutes.
Easy Pesto Pita Bread Pizzas
- 4 flat pita breads
- 1 small container of pesto sauce or use THIS awesome recipe for homemade
- cherry tomatoes or 1 sliced tomato
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 4 oz. feta cheese
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- fresh spinach leaves with stems cut off
- Preheat oven to 400º F. Spread pesto on pita bread. Cover pesto with spinach leaves.
- Layer mushrooms, tomatoes and feta cheese over spinach. Top with mozzarella cheese and bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven, cut into 4 slices and enjoy!