Rice Krispies Easter Nests are probably the easiest “homemade” Easter treat you can make AND your kids can help you make them! Only a few ingredients to a tasty Easter treat everyone will love!
On Tuesday I was in charge of this huge teachers and staff luncheon for my kindergarteners school. I’m over the hospitality division in our PTA so of course, the luncheons fall into my category. Well, let’s just say I’m good with food and not with decorations.
Luckily, I have another person that works with me in the PTA and she’s actually an interior designer. She came up with the cutest idea for a baseball theme and it really turned out darling! I’ll have to post pictures soon. We totally redesigned the teachers lounge to feel like you were at a baseball game.
Anyway, it was a LOOOOOT of work. I literally couldn’t think for hours afterward. Like, my brain was mush. There are about 80 staff at the school so we were feeding a lot of people. Granted, we didn’t have to make all the food ourselves but we had to decorate and facilitate everything.
So after the whole thing is over with (7 hours of volunteering at the school that one day), I go to pick up my youngest and see that I’ve forgotten that I signed us up to bring an Easter treat to school the following day. So here I am, totally brain-dead and exhausted and I have to figure out an Easter themed treat to bring to a pre-school class.
Now, I did think about just buying something and not making anything from scratch but I, ahem, might have done that the last three times I signed up to bring a treat. Sooo… I drank a huge Monster energy drink and ran to the grocery store.
One box of Rice Krispies, one bag of marshmallows, green frosting and some candy robin’s eggs later, I had myself an idea for the easiest Easter kid treat ever!
Obviously I’m not the first to think of this idea but I’m pretty happy with the way these Rice Krispies Easter Nests turned out! Plus my youngest help me make them which was pretty cool. He felt pretty proud bringing them into his class the next day. If you’re in a rush to make something cute for Easter, these Rice Krispies Easter Nests make a really great treat and are super easy to make.
All you have to do is make your Rice Krispies treat recipe but press them into the inside of a greased muffin tin instead of a 9×13 pan. Make a little dent in the middle. Let set and then fill the middle with green frosting. Then add in a couple colorful robin’s eggs in the frosting and DONE!
The easiest and cutest Rice Krispies Easter Nests to serve to kids and adults alike! Because who doesn’t like a Rice Krispies treat?! Happy Easter and Happy Spring!
- 3 Tbsp. butter or margarine
- 4½ cups mini marshmallows
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- green frosting
- robin's egg candies
- Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray generously. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add in marshmallows and stir until melted. Pull off heat.
- Quickly pour cereal into melted butter/marshmallow mixture and stir until combined.
- Pour a scoopful of rice krispies treats into each greased muffin tin. Press down using wax paper or fingers that have been sprayed with cooking spray. Make a slight indent in the middle of each rice krispies treat. Let set.
- When set and cooled, coat inside of each treat with green frosting (I bought the tube of frosting and just piped it inside the middle). Add 2-3 robin's eggs candies to the frosting to complete each nest. Serve and enjoy!