Quick & Easy Vegetarian Quesadilla, full of black beans, corn, salsa and new Boca Essentials burgers!
My mom put me in dance classes when I was three years old. I danced until high school, when I was on the cheer squad. I loved dance so much. It taught me discipline in many ways. One big thing it taught me, was how to take care of myself, nutrition wise.
My dance teachers taught me the best things to eat in order to keep my body in tip top shape for all dance classes and recitals. One of the main things your body needs in every meal, is protein. It’s so easy to not eat enough!
After I stopped dancing and started having kids, I found myself having to lose weight after each baby. And of course, the older we get the harder it is to lose, right?
One thing I found that helped me lose weight with each of my four babies, were veggie burgers. Not only are there so many great new kinds to try, but they’re so healthy and easy to prepare. They’re super easy to make when you’re in rush or just need a healthy lunch.
One of my favorites, are the new Boca Essentials. It’s a line of vegetable and grain-based patties that offers a source of “complete protein” – nine essential amino acids that the human body needs, but cannot produce on its own. While many of these amino acids can be found in meat, each new Boca Essentials flavor contains all nine, in the correct proportion, to offer a protein-packed choice for meat alternative meal options. These patties are perfect for helping to fuel your day!
The Boca Essentials line includes three bold new flavors, including:
- Breakfast Scramble with potatoes, scrambled eggs and vegetables
- Roasted Vegetables and Red Quinoa with brown rice
- Chile Relleno with green chile peppers, black beans and brown rice
I’ve tried all three and absolutely love them! Of course, nobody wants to eat just a plain pattie every day for lunch or dinner, right? My favorite way to mix things up, is by making Mexican food.
This vegetarian quesadilla is full of healthy proteins and of course, veggies. You will love the flavor combo of black beans, corn, onions and salsa mixed with New Boca Essential Roasted Vegetables & Red Quinoa patties. This is a satisfying meal that doesn’t take long to make and will fill you up for hours. Plus, it tastes amazing! You won’t even know it’s healthy! 😉
Easy Vegetarian Quesadilla
- 2 Boca Essential Roasted Vegetables & Red Quinoa patties
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup black beans
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1/4 cup salsa
- pinch of brown sugar
- 2-4 tsp. light butter spread I use Land o Lakes Light Butter with Canola Oil
- 4 large tortillas
- about 1 cup shredded colby jack cheese divided
- salsa for serving
- In a large skillet, heat 2 Roasted Vegetable & Red Quinoa patties for about 10-12 minutes, or until cooked through (flipping halfway through). Take off skillet and set aside on a cutting board.
- Add 1/2 cup chopped onion to same skillet and heat until softened, about 3 minutes. Add black beans, corn, salsa and brown sugar.
- Cut cooked patties into cubes and add to bean mixture. Stir until warmed through.
- In another skillet, heat 1-2 tsp. light butter. When melted, add one tortilla. Sprinkle 1/4 cup cheese on top and half of black bean/veggie pattie mixture. Top with another 1/4 cup cheese and another tortilla and cook on medium-low heat.
- Flip when bottom tortilla is lightly browned. Cook other tortilla until browned and pull off heat.
- Repeat process one more time, using the last half of bean/veggie pattie filling.
- Cut into triangle slices and serve with salsa, sour cream, green onions, cilantro, etc. Enjoy!
If you liked this recipe, you might like these too:
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.