You will love these Fish Tacos with Mango Salsa! Corn tortillas filled with flaky white fish and topped with fresh mango and avocado salsa. (Thanks to ALDI for sponsoring this post!)
Ever since The Lego Movie came out, my kids are obsessed with the term “Taco Tuesday”. They want tacos every Tuesday. My 4 and 5 year old boys are constantly asking me, “is it Taco Tuesday today?” Ha! I tried to come up with different versions of tacos like, roasted vegetable tacos, chicken tacos, or my favorite ground beef tacos but now I can add fish tacos to the list, too!
When ALDI approached me to help them with their fun ALDI Summer Road Trip campaign, they asked me what dishes represented California the most. Since we live right next to the ocean, FISH came to my mind! Fish tacos are all over the place here. So are mangoes and avocados. Together they make a great pair thus Fish Tacos with Mango Salsa was born. 🙂
My dad is obsessed with fish. He loves the stuff. In fact, my go-to gift for him is a Red Lobster gift card. He loves it all. My mom didn’t prepare fish a whole lot while I was growing up and I have to admit that I don’t use fish as much as I use other meats like chicken. It can be pricey, especially for a family.
One thing I love about ALDI is the price of their groceries. They have tilapia, halibut and lots of other fish for a fraction of the cost of most grocery stores. Seriously. These fish tacos use thin filets of meat and a little goes a long way.
This recipe has easy preparation and is easy clean up. I just thawed out my frozen filets and then placed them on a foil lined baking sheet. Season with some salt, lemon pepper and a squeeze of lemon and broil. They hardly take any time to cook and you can toss that foil when you’re done.
Mix up your green onions, avocados, mangoes, jalapeños, cilantro, cumin and salt & pepper. Heat up a few tortillas on a frying pan. When the fish is done, shred it up and place on tortillas and top with salsa. The flaky fish goes perfectly with the spicy/sweet salsa. It’s Taco Tuesday bliss!
I was so excited when ALDI asked me to develop recipes for their ALDI Summer Road Trip campaign! I was able to visit their test kitchen in Chicago a few months ago and fell in love with the store. They’re coming out to California very soon and I couldn’t be happier!
This road trip they’re doing is so cool. Let me explain a little about it. It’s a Virtual Road Trip to discover regional flavors and cuisines from your local ALDI. From deep dish pizza and pierogis in Chicago to fish tacos in California, 😉 it’ll take you on a tasty trip and give you a fresh look at all of the great products ALDI has to offer.
Plus YOU get to vote for one of the stops on the Virtual Summer Road Trip! Yep, that’s right. Visit the ALDI Facebook page and vote for your favorite city today! (Ahem, California.) And follow ALDI along on Twitter to make sure you stay up to date on all things ALDI. And of course, today is a good day to eat tacos, too!
- 1 1/4 pound thin Sea QueenTilapia Filets
- Stonemill Essentials Sea Salt Grinder to taste
- 1 -2 Tbsp. Stonemill Essentials Ground Black Pepper to taste
- 1 -2 Tbsp. lemon pepper to taste
- half a lemon squeezed
- 1 bunch green onions thinly sliced
- 2 avocados cut into squares
- 2 ripe mangoes peeled and chunked
- 2 jalapeños seeded and finely diced
- ½ of a bunch of cilantro leaves only, chopped
- 1 tsp. Stonemill Essentials Ground Cumin
- freshly ground salt & pepper to taste
- Pueblo Lindo White Corn Tortillas
- Carlini Cooking Spray
- Preheat the broiler. Place filets on a foil lined baking sheet. Season with salt, lemon pepper and a squeeze of lemon on each filet and broil for about 12 minutes, or until the thickest parts flake easily.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, mix up the green onions, avocados, mangoes, jalapeños, cilantro, cumin and salt & pepper. Set aside.
- Heat up a frying pan (I like to use our crepe pan) and spray with cooking spray. Place tortillas on pan and heat each tortilla until warmed up.
- When the fish is done, shred it up with a fork and place in a row down the middle of the tortillas and top with mango salsa. Serve immediately and enjoy!
If you like tacos, you might these too:
Roasted Vegetable& Black Bean Tacos
More fish tacos recipes from friends:
- Chili Lime Fish Tacos by The Weary Chef
- Beer Battered Fish Tacos by The Food Charlatan
- Spicy Fish Tacos with Cilantro Lime Cream by Sugar Dish Me
This salsa definitely tastes great with fish! Sounds delicious!
Adelina Graham says
Dear Jen, these tacos look fantastic! I love the fresh mango salsa…what a flavorful meal. These would be a hit with my family.