Take those boring rice krispies treats to a whole new level and make them into S’mores Rice Krispies Treats!
Guess what today is? It’s National S’mores Day!!! Did you know that?
I’m not one to know all those weird National holidays but I figured S’mores day was a pretty big deal. Right? Because S’mores are pretty much the best things ever created.
I love an ooey gooey s’more with marshmallow dripping out the sides of a graham cracker. But I can’t always make them because, yeah, I’m a busy mom of four boys and I can’t always get a fire started to make them. 😉
So why not take the awesomeness of rice krispies treats and transform them into s’mores rice krispies treats? Sound cool? Well, it totally is.
I used Cocoa Krispies instead of regular Rice Krispies – this added the chocolate element, then I added marshmallow and some crushed graham cracker crumbs to get that full, yummy s’mores taste.
The outcome is an incredibly tasty, gooey, s’mores rice krispies treat unlike any other. Not only are these delicious, but they’re super easy and taste SO good! My family devoured an entire pan within minutes.
If you’re a s’mores lover and a rice krispies treat lover, you will definitely enjoy this fun s’mores take on the classic deliciousness of rice krispies treats! Happy National S’mores Day!!
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 package 10 oz. Miniature Marshmallows
- 5 cups Cocoa Krispies cereal
- 1 cup crushed graham crackers
- In large saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Add Cocoa Krispies cereal and crushed graham crackers. Stir until well coated.
- Using buttered spatula or wax paper, evenly press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Cool.
- Cut into squares and enjoy. (Best if served the same day.)
If you liked this recipe, you might like these too:
Here are more S’more Rice Krispies Treats from friends:
- S’mores Rice Krispies Treats Pinwheels by Mom on Timeout
- S’mores Rice Krispies Recipe by The Gunny Sack
- S’mores Rice Krispies Treat Sandwiches by Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke