Who’s ready for the weekend? I am! I’m going to have a full house all weekend long. My husband’s two brothers, mom, sister, sister-in-law and three little nephews are all coming today. I guess you could say I’m enjoying the quiet before the storm. Ha! It’s going to be a little crazy around here with six little boys running around!
Before I get bombarded with company, I wanted to share a recipe with you. Remember the other day when I make Homemade Ricotta Cheese?? Well, here’s one of the dishes I made with it! A Glazed Ricotta Bundt Cake!
When I have guests over for dinner or to stay with me, I like to use them as my recipe testing guinea pigs. So when I had guests for dinner last week, I made this cake. I was literally crossing my fingers as I waited for it to cook, hoping it would turn out yummy. It was amazing! You would NEVER guess there’s ricotta cheese in it! It’s moist, delicate and delicious. My dinner guests loved it! Because it’s so simple to make, you can throw it together on a whim for a weekday brunch but it’s also fancy enough to serve after a nice meal. I will definitely be making it again and again!
Glazed Ricotta Bundt Cake
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- lemon zest from one lemon
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1 cup low-fat ricotta cheese use this recipe for homemade ricotta
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp. almond extract
- 1/2 tsp. lemon juice
- 1/2-1 tsp. water
- Combine the sugar, water and lemon zest in a small pan on the stove. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring frequently. Boil over medium heat for 1-2 minutes, until sugar dissolves. Set the mixture aside and let cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a bundt cake pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. In another medium sized bowl, Whisk together the sugar syrup, ricotta and vanilla until smooth. Add in the egg, mixing well. Pour in the flour mixture and stir until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared bundt pan and bake for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool in the pan for 10-15 minutes and then turn onto a wire rack or plate to cool completely.
- To prepare the glaze, whisk together the powdered sugar, almond extract, lemon juice and 1/4 tsp of water. Stir in more water, a little at a time until the glaze reaches the consistency you desire. Drizzle over the top of the cake. Cut into slices and enjoy!